A couple of questions from Rosie

Chuck

the Rosso Corsa..

Her Speedometer is showing 12xxx miles, and is a replacement, according to the original owners (RIP)son. I was going to do a preemptive strike, burn a couple of holes in the case, and grease it. However, the trip reset knob won't unscrew. Am I screwed? Just wait until it fails and replace it with a VDO or something?

I've searched here, and can't find a thread on whether the V11S internal fuel pump hose pops off like the Cal Vin, etc. Is it not a problem?

TIA.

the Rosso Corsa..

Her Speedometer is showing 12xxx miles, and is a replacement, according to the original owners (RIP)son. I was going to do a preemptive strike, burn a couple of holes in the case, and grease it. However, the trip reset knob won't unscrew. Am I screwed? Just wait until it fails and replace it with a VDO or something?

I've searched here, and can't find a thread on whether the V11S internal fuel pump hose pops off like the Cal Vin, etc. Is it not a problem?

TIA.

I think the trip knob is reverse thread. the internal pump is on 03 and later bikes.. earlier models have a pump under the tank.

the Rosso Corsa..

TIA.

Hi Chuck,

Your know that trip odometer unscrews clockwise?

Bob

the Rosso Corsa..

TIA.

Hi Chuck,

Bob

Right. It won't unscrew. I'm guessing that the DPO put some lock tite, JB weld, or something like that on it. He tended to bodge things..

So. Does the hose clamp and fuel line on the fuel pump need to be addressed like on the other internal fuel pump bikes like the Cal Vin, Norge, etc?

CHUCK :oldgit: , Rosie with the red cheeks needs her odometer knob removed by taking out the small screw that is way deep in the knob. :whistle: Once the screw is removed, the knob will pull off. This uses the ITI gauges that are different than the white faced ones. The stock cheap plastic one was broken on my 03 Rosso when it was new so I had to make one on my lathe back in 2003.

Mike

the Rosso Corsa..

TIA.

Hi Chuck,

Bob

Right. It won't unscrew. I'm guessing that the DPO put some lock tite, JB weld, or something like that on it. He tended to bodge things..

So. Does the hose clamp and fuel line on the fuel pump need to be addressed like on the other internal fuel pump bikes like the Cal Vin, Norge, etc?

Thanks for that, Mike. :thumbsup: It looks like there is a very small Phillips way down there after cleaning all the detritus out of it. I'll probably get one chance at it. Is *this* screw LH or RH? I'll squirt some AeroKroil down in there and wait until tomorrow.

Now.

About the internal fuel line. Problem or no on the LeMans?

The small screw if I remember correctly is a normal right hand screw (righty tighty).

As for the internal fuel line, I never had a problem with it and I don't remember anyone else having any issues with it. But then again, I haven't been on any Guzzi sites for a few years.

Mike

Thanks for that, Mike. :thumbsup: It looks like there is a very small Phillips way down there after cleaning all the detritus out of it. I'll probably get one chance at it. Is *this* screw LH or RH? I'll squirt some AeroKroil down in there and wait until tomorrow.

Now.

Now.

I lost mine a few years ago, the screw is left hand thread, IIRC,

Can't say I've had any internal fuel line popping off on the Nero, are you refering to the one that attaches to the filter/pump body?

Now.

Can't say I've had any internal fuel line popping off on the Nero, are you refering to the one that attaches to the filter/pump body?

Yeah, the fuel line comes off the nipple on the Norge and Cal Vin. If it's not an issue with the V11S, maybe that's why I haven't found any threads on it here.. :huh2:

Thanks, guys..

So Chuckie, Did you get Rosie's knob off? And by chance did you notice what size screw it was (diameter and thread pitch), right or left hand threads? As my bike is missing the screw and the knob I made was a press fit onto the shaft which still could use a screw for added retainment.

Thanks,

Mike

So Chuckie, Did you get Rosie's knob off? And by chance did you notice what size screw it was (diameter and thread pitch), right or left hand threads? As my bike is missing the screw and the knob I made was a press fit onto the shaft which still could use a screw for added retainment.

Thanks,

Mike

That would be no. :( A jewelers screwdriver won't budge it. I guess I'll just have to wait until it fails and replace it with a VDO or something. grumble grumble.

Unless somebody has a better idea for getting it off?

Now.

Yeah, the fuel line comes off the nipple on the Norge and Cal Vin. If it's not an issue with the V11S, maybe that's why I haven't found any threads on it here.. :huh2:

Thanks, guys..

My 2002 V11 LeMans has the fuel leak issue, was dripping all over the trans case and found the leak from fuel hose to the injectors, as my bike only has 6k miles on it, I guess it was not tighten from the factory. My bike has not leak fuel since I check all the fuel lines.

Unless somebody has a better idea for getting it off?

You can Dremel a groove above the reset shaft to the bezel so the internals can be slid out of the case with the shaft intact. Reseal the groove with RTV silicone on reassembly.

Or, use a very small drill bit and drill the head off of the small screw, then slide the knob off. Hopefully you can grip it with a GOOD pair of vice grips to remove the remainder of the screw. Then measure it, buy two and send me one :drink:

Mike

Both good ideas, Docc and Mike. I've been trolling WG, and a friend from Wisconsin says he's used a Veglia to replace the ITI by changing the cable and using the drive from a 5 speed. I'm going to investigate this a little farther.. Veglia parts are easy to get.