Racing vs standard ECU

madridpunch

??? :huh2:

Best regards!

Antonio is telling him about an engine-tuner, Ruud in Goes, who can adjust you're standard ECU on a dynamo so it will suit you're wishes/demands. A few years back he payed € 200,- for the adjustment.

And sorry, i don't have any experience with the racing ECU. I know someone who has one installed in his Coppa Italia with the Titanium mufflers, but all i know is, that i'ts going like hell...... More of everything, hp, torque, speed, sound.

Regards,

Mjingen

I have used both the standard and the "Ti Racing" ECU's on my '02 LeMans. The 03 and later bikes had different maps for both ECUs so my experience might not apply to those models.

The previous owner of my bike had a custom Power Commander map made with the Ti ECU, and I have run the standard ECU with a custom map too. On my bike the Ti ECU with PC pulls harder than the standard ECU from around 4500rpm on up to redline, but it feels a little softer (less pull and not as good throttle response as stock) below 4k rpm. On the dyno it put out about 2 more peak hp than the standard ECU. Also I think the Ti ECU has the rev limiter set about 500rpm higher than stock. The dyno guy that I used figured that the Ti ECU had a more aggressive timing curve than stock. IMO if you're riding around over 5k rpm a lot (like on a race track) the Ti ECU is the better choice, but for everyday street riding the stock one might be better.

I'd love to have a map that combined the best features of both ECUs. It can't be done with the Power Commander because the PC can't control the timing curve. Cliff's ECU or a shop that can tweak both the mixture and timing curves in the stock ECU should be able to accomplish that.

Guzzitech may be able to re-flash the ECU Tom.I think they are offering it now,but pricey.If your looking for max power everywhere I think that would be a good way to go.

I have a almost new PC3 and Mistral X-over waiting for me in Scotland,that Im gonna pick up next month :thumbsup: .Those,airbox mod,a good map and my Ti's and stock ECU should be fine for me.I'm just looking for better low-end response,3-5K. :food:

Guzzitech may be able to re-flash the ECU Tom.I think they are offering it now,but pricey.If your looking for max power everywhere I think that would be a good way to go.

I have a almost new PC3 and Mistral X-over waiting for me in Scotland,that Im gonna pick up next month :thumbsup: .Those,airbox mod,a good map and my Ti's and stock ECU should be fine for me.I'm just looking for better low-end response,3-5K. :food:

Hi Michael! How's that clutch job going?

I noticed that Guzzitech was offering ECU reprogramming a while back but I don't see it on their web page now. I might have be interested in that if they were local but I don't want to be mailing my ECU back & forth to CA, plus as you mentioned it's fairly expensive. Cliff's MyECU gets pretty expensive too when you include the optimizer, lambda sensor, and exhaust modification. The PCIII with either ECU really very good so I'm not very motivated to spend a grand to get it PERFECT.

My FBF crossover finally cracked even though I had welded some straps on it when new to prevent that. It was too far gone to fix so like you I'm going to install a Mistral crossover. It's in a UPS truck on it's way to my house right now.

Hi Michael! How's that clutch job going?

I noticed that Guzzitech was offering ECU reprogramming a while back but I don't see it on their web page now. I might have be interested in that if they were local but I don't want to be mailing my ECU back & forth to CA, plus as you mentioned it's fairly expensive. Cliff's MyECU gets pretty expensive too when you include the optimizer, lambda sensor, and exhaust modification. The PCIII with either ECU really very good so I'm not very motivated to spend a grand to get it PERFECT.

My FBF crossover finally cracked even though I had welded some straps on it when new to prevent that. It was too far gone to fix so like you I'm going to install a Mistral crossover. It's in a UPS truck on it's way to my house right now.

Hi Tom,

I'll PM Ya bout clutch,dont want to High Jack

The cost of the other A/F- programming options kept me away also.Just waited on a good deal on a used X-over and PC which show up here and Ebay every so often.Think I paid a little over $200.00 for both.Have heard great things about GuzziTech's customer service and after care and their reprogramming may make a PC3 superfluous.

Sorrry bout the FBF X over.Shame they don't give a crap about the they're customers as I remember Greg Field(a distributor for FBF) trying to get them to replace a cracked X and they ignored them for months.He finally gave up and put on a Mistral.Seems like they only care about the 1%ers who come in and drop thousands on they're Ducs,without questions.Heard that from many of their customers.

The cool thing about the Mistral is it will give you the most mid-range of all the X-overs and you can add a center stand if so desired :thumbsup:

Coming from a Honda background I dont like spending a lot of time fixing or changing OEM mistakes or deficiencies.I like to tweek and tinker,but if I had to do piston,cam,or spend thousands to transform a bike into something other than the factory engineers intended, I think I bought the wrong bike.