Just greased driveshaft on 2004 Le Mans :-(

Dazguzzi

Well, while the weather is poor i thought i would grease all 3 points on the driveshaft on my 04 V11 Le Mans.

I bought a small Hilka grease gun for £8.99p and reading the threads modified one tube attachment by heating it at one end until cherry red and the bending it to cater for limited access to the front UJ nipple ( zerk) . This gave me a steep bend and i then ground things down a little to further improve access.

I jacked the bike up until the rear wheel was off the ground and this gave me good access even with the wheel in place.

Everything went well and starting at the back, working forwards, about 15mins later all was done with each uj giving that lovely crack as fresh grease was forced through. Understandably i was feeling very smart arsed about the whole thing :D

It then took me nearly an hour to get the grease gun disconnected from the front nipple, it just wouldn't budge and lack of space hampered things even further.

Sorted now but there's always something just waiting to kick you in the gonads!!!!!! :angry:

Darryl

one thing I found- there no such thing as a five minute job on a guzzi(atleast on mine!) glad you sorted it, I think I put a spanner on the fitting and gave it alittle tap :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. :thumbsup: