Why remove the air temperature sensor?

Emil Jensen

I just bought a Moto Guzzi v11 le mans from 2002 and when I checked / cleaned the air filter, I discovered that the air temperature sensor was taken out of the air intake box and lay next to it in a form of plastic cup. Why would one do that? Are there problems with the air temperature sensor I need to be aware of?

I just bought a Moto Guzzi v11 le mans from 2002 and when I checked / cleaned the air filter, I discovered that the air temperature sensor was taken out of the air intake box and lay next to it in a form of plastic cup. Why would one do that? Are there problems with the air temperature sensor I need to be aware of?

Reinstall it to it's original location. Too many people think they know something they don't.

Gio's probably right, If you remove the air box and install pods then you have to find a home for the sensor.

I reasoned that since the sensor is no longer in an air flow it could possibly read much hotter

under the tank so I extended the wires and re-located mine to the front of the tank out of the sun.

If I ever put the air box back I will leave it where it is, the temperature should be the same.

As Gstallons says, put it back so it can measure the intake air.

CIMG2800s.jpg

CIMG2801s.jpg

Friend of mine has done that to his V11sport 2000.

Reason was he removed air box and used pods.

Temp sensor could not read properly out of air box, Ecu got wrong readings, bike misfired etc

Solved the prob by using tape to cover the sensor, then started opening holes on the tape until bike worked OK

Not really elegant solution, but it works ever since

maybe it was just luck though :grin: