Standard Exhaust Can fitment advice please

Dazguzzi

NO, it's not obvious why, Yeah?

Several other manufacturers manage to combine a shaft drive and keep the silencers symetrical. BMW Yeah?

In addition, the silencers on my California are symetrical hence my query had someone fitted the ones on the V11 incorrectly

If it was so obvious i would not have asked and OBVIOUSLY several others would not have answered in a civil manner, some expressing the same concern. Yeah?

Thanks for your help, most useful and greatly appreciated.

yeah? mate you seem to have a shit on with my post? whats that about...

you own a MG not a german shitter, so stand behind the beast and look at it... obvious aint it? yeah? yeah yeah.. the shaft and swing arm hang further out on the right cos yeah, well yeah there aint one on the left ;)

I make no opoligys if you dont consider me civil.

NO, it's not obvious why, Yeah?

Several other manufacturers manage to combine a shaft drive and keep the silencers symetrical. BMW Yeah?

In addition, the silencers on my California are symetrical hence my query had someone fitted the ones on the V11 incorrectly

If it was so obvious i would not have asked and OBVIOUSLY several others would not have answered in a civil manner, some expressing the same concern. Yeah?

Thanks for your help, most useful and greatly appreciated.

yeah? mate you seem to have a shit on with my post? whats that about...

you own a MG not a german shitter, so stand behind the beast and look at it... obvious aint it? yeah? yeah yeah.. the shaft and swing arm hang further out on the right cos yeah, well yeah there aint one on the left ;)

I make no opoligys if you dont consider me civil.

Now Confirmed :thumbsup:

I was thinking the V11 shifted the drive line to the right to make for the largest possible rear wheel/tire size. Not an issue with the narrower tires of Calis and most BMW.

That theory may be all washed up, but it's the story most of us bought into back in the day . . . :oldgit:

I was thinking the V11 shifted the drive line to the right to make for the largest possible rear wheel/tire size. Not an issue with the narrower tires of Calis and most BMW.

That theory may be all washed up, but it's the story most of us bought into back in the day . . . :oldgit:

Ya quite right, even tho with the 180 there is 15mm clearance which is a lot, I would a thought the calie's of the same year to have worn the same size? maybe Dazguzzi (if hes still speaking to me, note to self not to take the piss with her, umm him cos hes a little straight n stressed) could answer that as he has both bikes?

Ya quite right, even tho with the 180 there is 15mm clearance which is a lot, I would a thought the calie's of the same year to have worn the same size? maybe Dazguzzi (if hes still speaking to me, note to self not to take the piss with her, umm him cos hes a little straight n stressed) could answer that as he has both bikes?

Hi Dangermouse, of course i am still speaking , it's childish not to. My Cali has a 140 as standard on the rear and that just about scrubs the driveshaft. It's Tight!

To answer a few of your other points, yes i'm a guy, straight ( yourself ? :unsure: ) but not stressed and don't worry about attempting to take the piss out of me because it's blatantly obvious that with your level of intellect you would be unable to do so.

Now be a good lad, run along and see if you can make a half decent attempt at getting a sentence together for your next useful reply ;)

Hi Dangermouse, of course i am still speaking , it's childish not to. My Cali has a 140 as standard on the rear and that just about scrubs the driveshaft. It's Tight!

To answer a few of your other points, yes i'm a guy, straight ( yourself ? :unsure: ) but not stressed and don't worry about attempting to take the piss out of me because it's blatantly obvious that with your level of intellect you would be unable to do so.

Now be a good lad, run along and see if you can make a half decent attempt at getting a sentence together for your next useful reply ;)

farking poms... ;)

140 there ya go 40mm is quite a lot, add a beefed up swing arm and you can see why things are wider.

mate, there was no need to take offence like you did to my 1st post, none was intended, honest.

farking poms... ;)

140 there ya go 40mm is quite a lot, add a beefed up swing arm and you can see why things are wider.

mate, there was no need to take offence like you did to my 1st post, none was intended, honest.

Thanks mate, life is way too short so let's put this to bed and just get on with each other. Probably both got off on the wrong foot.

Please feel free to post anytime on anything i submit. SERIOUSLY. :drink:

Take care, ride safe and all the best Regards Darryl

Take care, ride safe and all the best Regards Darryl

ya still a farking pom tho ;) and whats with the name? not a bloody ginger nut to I hope...

Is your 04 a std black job?

Darryl D

Morning D,

My name is Darryl but often get called Daz for short hence the user name DazGuzzi.

As for hair colour, no it was Brown until i joined here and it's now Grey! :-)

My 04 Le Mans is standard in that the Fairing and all other panels are Black but the tank is a sort of Titanium Grey.

I wasn't keen on the colour scheme to start with but couldn't turn the bike down as it was 1 owner from new, had done less than 4000 miles and the price was great. The colour has grown on me now and i think it looks pretty classy.

Getting back to the exhausts i realise that the right hand side one has to stick out to clear the drive shaft etc but why on earth didn't the factory just design the left hand side one to follow suit so that it looked equal from the back.

That's why i asked the question because i was certain that someone had fitted mine incorrectly assuming ( incorrectly ) that no manufacturer would turn it out from new like that. WRONG! It's a Guzzi and to be honest the more that i ride mine the more i love the fact that they are different and not always perfect.

Cheers Darryl

Morning D,

My 04 Le Mans is standard in that the Fairing and all other panels are Black but the tank is a sort of Titanium Grey.

Getting back to the exhausts i realise that the right hand side one has to stick out to clear the drive shaft etc but why on earth didn't the factory just design the left hand side one to follow suit so that it looked equal from the back.

That's why i asked the question because i was certain that someone had fitted mine incorrectly assuming ( incorrectly ) that no manufacturer would turn it out from new like that. WRONG! It's a Guzzi and to be honest the more that i ride mine the more i love the fact that they are different and not always perfect.

Cheers Darryl

LOL, ya answered ya own question, yeah Guzzi, a bargin bin special every bike, asembled by drunken vino piza eaters, love em or hate em... me the later, curse em every time ya ride em, park em up each time looking forward to the next ride... farking Iti's

Mines a 04 a nero corsa, only one down under that I know off, having said that I havent seen one dressed like yours either but I know the model.

and ummm... its not morning its bed time, catch up will ya :)

Morning D,

Cheers Darryl

LOL, ya answered ya own question, yeah Guzzi, a bargin bin special every bike, asembled by drunken vino piza eaters, love em or hate em... me the later, curse em every time ya ride em, park em up each time looking forward to the next ride... farking Iti's

Mines a 04 a nero corsa, only one down under that I know off, having said that I havent seen one dressed like yours either but I know the model.

and ummm... its not morning its bed time, catch up will ya :)

Yes, sorry about time difference. I will have to remember that one.

Cheers Darryl :thumbsup:

Why drag the cans on both sides? ;)

Look, the V11 is an evolutionary bike: Guzzi wanted to move the shaft down & to the right to give a better angle on the universal joints in the shaft and clearance for bigger rear tires vs. the old Sporti, and might as well give it 6 speeds while you're in there rearranging the furniture. Meanwhile, the company is still short of funds, so you're going to slap it all together as quickly & cheaply as possible so you can get it out the door to list it as a '99 [Yup, the original V11 Sport was officially a '99, even tho' I don't think any shipped until 2000 after Aprillia's take-over...]

Besides, who cares what the cagers behind you think? They're probably too busy grumbling about the daft motorcyclist who just passed them to notice the asymmetry of the exhaust cans... :thumbsup:

Don't think Aprilia came in until after the 2001 modes were out. Not sure ho owned Guzzi in the '99-'01 series. Bankers I suppose.

For certain, my Y2k Sport is "pre-Aprilia."