Luggage Carrier

Kiwi_Roy

My buddy and I are going on a 3 week camping trip in the fall.

I already have side bags but I would like to mount something above to carry bulky stuff like tent, sleeping bag etc.

Last time I just strapped it to the seat but it would be nice if I had like a flat area I could throw everything on and anchor with a cargo net.

I don't want to spend a fortune since it won't get used much.

Any Suggestions

Thanks

Roy

My buddy and I are going on a 3 week camping trip in the fall.

I already have side bags but I would like to mount something above to carry bulky stuff like tent, sleeping bag etc.

Last time I just strapped it to the seat but it would be nice if I had like a flat area I could throw everything on and anchor with a cargo net.

I don't want to spend a fortune since it won't get used much.

Any Suggestions

Thanks

Roy

I have gone for the VENTURA rack system on my 2004 V11 Le Mans and it seems fine as well as very versatile. Check out their website. I bought mine 2nd hand for £40.

Darryl

I use one of these...

Jofama luggage link

Not sure if it will fit with other side bags as they're built in. Very well made, comes with waterproof liners/inner bags and fits a V11 with or without the seat hump fitted. No good if you want to carry a pillion, though. Took mine over to Germany for a week last year and it proved itself to be the most versatile single piece of soft luggage I've ever owned!

Trev

Now I admit I use my V11 for 3 days-2 nights in motels and the tank bag and TEKNO soft bags serve well. For three weeks camping (!), I use this: B)

I've really liked using this bag on my V11.

9027_7f.jpg

Aerostich imports them (from Japan, I believe) and It holds my tent, sleeping bag, pad and more and sits across the passenger seat. I have the large one which is wide enough that my tent poles can fit in the bag though if you get a smaller one there are places to strap long thin items (like tent poles) on the outside of the bag. I've used it on a few trips (including 2k miles on the Trans America Trail on a DR350) and the thing looks almost new.

johnk

I've really liked using this bag on my V11. (from Japan, I believe) and It holds my tent, sleeping bag, pad and more and sits across the passenger seat. I have the large one which is wide enough that my tent poles can fit in the bag though if you get a smaller one there are places to strap long thin items (like tent poles) on the outside of the bag. I've used it on a few trips (including 2k miles on the Trans America Trail on a DR350) and the thing looks almost new.

johnk

Looks good!

Do you have a picture of it on your V11?

Which size are you using , medium or large?

Looks good!

I could have sworn I had more pics but this is the only one I could find.

A dirty Scura loaded for action.

loadedScura.jpg

I have a large bag and I love it.

johnk

Looks good!

I could have sworn I had more pics but this is the only one I could find.

A dirty Scura loaded for action.

loadedScura.jpg

I have a large bag and I love it.

johnk

What's the red thing just below your oil cooler ... upgraded horn, deer scarer ..?

I use a tail bag on the Guzzi factory rack when I need to haul a lot of gear. It's a small rack but it's better than nothing. Stucchi makes a similar rack that's rated for more weight. Both racks come up for sale on ebay and in the classifieds here pretty regularly.

My bike loaded:

IMG_0845.jpgIMG_0842.jpgIMG_0843.jpg

If you're looking for a bag to lay across your seat consider using a dry bag for your sleeping bag and clothing. The ones sold for canoe camping like the red bag in my pics work well but the ones that Helen2wheels sells look like they would be easier to tie down. There are some good tips for packing on her site too.

http://www.helen2wheels.com/

What's the red thing just below your oil cooler ... upgraded horn, deer scarer ..?

Upgraded horns (there's another one on the other side). They're Hella and they used to be my favorite horn but now I like this compact Stebel horn.

11669-500x600.jpg

It can be a challenge to find a place to mount them, however.

johnk

Hi, was going to start a separate thread, but I'll jump in here. I have recently acquired what I was lead to believe was a set of tekno pannier bags and mounting frames specifically for a V11 <_ however it is not that obvious where the frames mount up to and was hoping somebody here would have a photo or two showing about are supposed to.>

I'm quite happy to re-engineer to suit as I currently also have a Ventura system in place which I plan to keep in place as well.

I can highly recommend the Ventura products as I have used them extensively over the years on a number of bikes without any issues, and for the cost, I would doubt you'd find better in a securely mounted system.

I have the tekno bags also, they are really great and quite waterproof.

The frames are really solid, I pick up the rear end by the frame to get into a tight parking spot.

If someone else doesn't jump in I will take a picture tomorrow.

Roy

Side View.jpg

Stay Wire.jpg