PC3 2000-2001 Vs 2002- on Versions.Any differences?

mznyc

I recently bought a PC3 used in like new condition,but the original packaging is marked 2000-2001.Is there any difference with connecters or box for the 2002 on models?I know the maps will be just want to make sure hardware is compatible.

Thanks

I recently bought a PC3 used in like new condition,but the original packaging is marked 2000-2001.Is there any difference with connecters or box for the 2002 on models?I know the maps will be just want to make sure hardware is compatible.

Thanks

Hi

2000-2001 models had no Lambda sensor, I'm not sure when they introduced lambda sensors on V11s, around 2003 I think. If you are not familiar with these, look at your V11's header pipes and if it has a device in one of them with wites attached, that is the sensor. If it does not, you are safe to use the Pc3, as the only difference post 2001 apart from the sensors, were additional frome bracing, slightly better engine mapping, a balance pipe between the headers, and black faced clocks, all or none of which mayt be prsnet on your V11, depending how old it is. I use one of these pc3s on my 2002 model, had to richen the bottom end up by 10% but made a world of difference.

Cheers

guzz

Thanks Guzz,

I dont think the Scuras have the Lambda sensor.I'm sure somebody will confirm this.I will be adding a Mistral X-over also when I install. :food:

i'd never heard of a lambda sensor so i looked it up. it's an oxygen (O2) sensor. used in exhaust systems of engines. also many other applications. oddly enough i just put a new one on my old dodge truck, it was running very rich & getting 6 MPG, i was told to try this first, it worked, runs better now, back up to 15 or so MPG.

i hadn't seen anything similar to this on my '02 le mans, but there are bolt head plugs on underside of both headers just before they insert into stock crossover(the one under trans,there's no crossover on headers in front of alternator). is this where the lambda sensor(s) would be? if there was one?