Seat pad?

rex007can

I've got 3 bikes, and keep an Airhawk on my f650, because it is REALLY comfortable, and boosts the seat height up to where it should be for me. I use it on my V11 for any trips over 100 miles. It does help make the stock seat much more comfortable, and helps a little with the high pegs on the bike (a fix for those is, hopefully, on the way). Yeah, it looks a bit dorky, but for what it costs, and the fact that it can be switched from bike-to-bike, it makes a lot of sense. For the price, I'd try it before you pop for a custom seat. If you get one, just make sure you don't over-inflate it...the instructions get it about right, and you can fine-tune the level you want.

I want to improve my comfort, but I don't want to drop 400$ to have the seat redone... I'm cheap like that.

Anyone use a seat pad?

Comments on brand, type?

Airhawk?

Gel pads?

Sizes and shapes?

I want to improve my comfort, but I don't want to drop 400$ to have the seat redone... I'm cheap like that.

Anyone use a seat pad?

Comments on brand, type?

Airhawk?

Gel pads?

Sizes and shapes?

I've made a few seat pads for bikes for fellows on this site. They are wool. PM me for details.bikewoolseat2.JPG

i have gel pads fuitted to both my bikes. The V11 was done before I bought the bike, but can be seen here

bk0jVR.jpg

The pad in my TDM was fitted at home and was pretty straight forward. I did a write up for the TDM forum, which can be seen HERE complete with pics.

Both work very well and 500+ mile days are a possible on either bike.

• 4 weeks later...

Rich Maund rebuilt my seat with a gel pad in it a few years ago...make sure you get a foam pad over the gel as it gets hotter than a firecracker in the summer (I didn't do it against Rich's advice and my butt paid for it). To help with the heat, DLPierre (a poster here) put together a really nice wool saddle blanket...I've left that on year round. I still have to get off and walk around at the 100 mile point, but the combination made a big difference. k