Twin cable throttle for injection bikes.

68C

My '04 Rosso Corsa nearly killed me last year when the throttle stuck open, plastic knob on the sincro rod hooked around the rear shock remote reservoir. It still bothers me and has set me wondering if there is a mod I can do to have a twin cable twistgrip assy. By this I mean one cable to open the throttle and another to close it, I know many bikes have that arrangement. At least I would have a chance of forcing it shut then rather than relying on the puny return spring - thoughts of frozen linkages, debris in the mechanism plague me.

Some of the late '90's California's had a similar problem so a second cable was added. I'd check a parts book and see what might fit. It was also be worthwhile to see about adjusting the position of the rear shock reservoir to avoid a recurrence of the original problem. I've never a debris problem of any sort in more than 100,000 miles on injected Guzzi's so you can reasonably ignore that possibility.

Yeah, my kill switch does work having used it in anger for the first time in my life on any bike. I also remounted the reservoir as far back as it would go and am considering replacing the plastic knob with a nylock nut.

I will follow up the Cali idea, thanks everyone.

It was available for V11s as well. Just don't know now what year, but I've definitely seen it once. Maybe search the different shop manuals.

Hubert

Well, the V11 Ballabio's and Café Sports have two cables running from the gashandle. I've "lend" a picture from an online shop to show it.

v11c03_38.gif

I don't know if you can just swap the gashandle (and cables) form you're current V11 with that of a Ballabio, without further adjustments, but we will see you're progress upon improving you're ride :thumbsup: I hope it'll help!

Greetings,

Mjingen

That looks like what I am after, I have fitted higher bars so the longer cables will help as well, thanks for the help.

Starting to look like most of my ideas, simple in the imagining but progressively harder in the realisation.