Puff of blue now and again

craige

just purchased 2002 tenni, less than 2000 miles. orig. owner said oil fresh, don't know weight or specs.,now and then on hard accel.it smokes like crazy than cleans up only happens some times. level is half way between marks, fully scewed in... All so tube from fuel tank to smog canister on hooked under tank,not sure if anti spill valve is there are not, should this be plugged .What oil is best?

just purchased 2002 tenni, less than 2000 miles. orig. owner said oil fresh, don't know weight or specs.,now and then on hard accel.it smokes like crazy than cleans up only happens some times. level is half way between marks, fully scewed in... All so tube from fuel tank to smog canister on hooked under tank,not sure if anti spill valve is there are not, should this be plugged .What oil is best?

since nobody has replied, this is what works for me. i run mobil 1 V twin 20-50 synthetic. i check oil with dipstick NOT screwed in(bike level), close to full notch. and a band clamp around the filter (LOTS of information on this site about THAT) once again this works for me,others may say i'm full of shit, seems to be many opinions about what oil, dipstick use, etc. etc.

don't know about the smoke, what color, etc, etc.

if you're not sure about the oil, just change it then you won't be guessing about it. while your at it adjust the valves, you'll be pleased with how simple this is.

i saw a tenni on craiglist in Boise Idaho (this IS in your neighborhood, being as the northwest is SO vast)year or so ago, is this the bike? looked nice in photos.

V11 are great M/Cs lotsa fun too ride.

have fun, s

Oil should be 20-50 but may be other if you live in sahara or antartic. Replace all fluids, 2,000 miles in ten years is a little worrying. What colour is the smoke? could be you are burning off water in big dobs as it plops out of various hiding places. Engine is too young for anything else really if mileage is genuine.

Oil should be 20-50 but may be other if you live in sahara or antartic. Replace all fluids, 2,000 miles in ten years is a little worrying. What colour is the smoke? could be you are burning off water in big dobs as it plops out of various hiding places. Engine is too young for anything else really if mileage is genuine.

ahem. just saw title of post - blue smoke eh ? good luck. If it hasn't run for a while I would flush out everything including the tank.

...now and then on hard accel.it smokes like crazy than cleans up ...

You haven't overfilled you say, so I would pull the cylinders and look after the rings. Before that check out the airbox. Maybe the bike's overfilled there.

Hubert

I would just change all the fluids, adjust valves, sync throttle bodies, etc. and ride the crap out of it. It's been sitting a long time, and you may just have some sticking rings. Some Marvel Mystery oil in the gas (upper cylinder lubricant) can't hurt.

I see this sort of thing all the time in airplanes that sit a lot. No need for surgery, yet. :oldgit::D Check back after a few hundred miles.. if it is still acting up, it's time for a leak down compression test to see what is going on.