V11 petrol tank swelling

Paulsmartv11

I gave up on plastic.

08295a29.jpg

'Tis a thing of beauty & a joy forever, but I'd want mine to retain the stock "aero" flush mount gas cap setup. Powder coated black to match the rest of the bike [& save my vision on sunny days! B) ] & it certainly would seem to be a solid solution to the fuel-stretch issue w/ the plastic nylon tank! What did that beauty run you? :wub:

Approx $950 US delivered from The Tank Shop. :D

I gave up on plastic.

08295a29.jpg

'Tis a thing of beauty & a joy forever, but I'd want mine to retain the stock "aero" flush mount gas cap setup. Powder coated black to match the rest of the bike [& save my vision on sunny days! B) ] & it certainly would seem to be a solid solution to the fuel-stretch issue w/ the plastic nylon tank! What did that beauty run you? :wub:

Ouch! Ah well, I knew it wasn't gonna be cheap, but 15% of the value of the bike [like I would ever sell it! :rolleyes: ] is not a no-brainer. Still, best start saving my pennies... :thumbsup:

Ouch! Ah well, I knew it wasn't gonna be cheap, but 15% of the value of the bike [like I would ever sell it! :rolleyes: ] is not a no-brainer. Still, best start saving my pennies... :thumbsup:

True, but a new plastic one was even more and you would end up with the same result later down the road.

Bob

Lovely tank - do you think the Tank Shop can now make another tank without needing a bike to work with?? Could I just order one and wait...for delivery??

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have no idea. I had mine done in late 2010. Took about 14 weeks before I had it. He was easy enough to reach by phone and that is about the only way to communicate to him. I was not in a rush so it didn't make a difference to me. There is another guy that posts from time to time, Alu-Tank in Germany that does nice work as well but his tank is more of a true cafe type tank so it depends if you wish to retain your stock lines of your V11. Many hear have posted that they like the aero cap better and the Tank Shop will do that too. I liked the more retro look of the monza so had him make mine with it.

All I knew was I was not going to pay another $1000 US for a plastic one that would end up doing the same thing.

Regards,

Bob

Good evening. Don't know if this'll get through. First time I've posted anything. Re fuel tank. He should be able to supply without the bike. Mine was the bike he used to do the first tank. He had the bike for over 3 years but did tank, tail, side panels and a few other goodies. Still waiting for seat hump though. The workmanship is excellent but he's away until 1st October I believe. Dom.

Hi Paul,

I have no idea. I had mine done in late 2010. Took about 14 weeks before I had it. He was easy enough to reach by phone and that is about the only way to communicate to him. I was not in a rush so it didn't make a difference to me. There is another guy that posts from time to time, Alu-Tank in Germany that does nice work as well but his tank is more of a true cafe type tank so it depends if you wish to retain your stock lines of your V11. Many hear have posted that they like the aero cap better and the Tank Shop will do that too. I liked the more retro look of the monza so had him make mine with it.

All I knew was I was not going to pay another $1000 US for a plastic one that would end up doing the same thing.

Regards,

Bob

• 4 years later...