ECU

nuevototem

Hi to all,

Anyone have a spare ECU to sell?

Best regards!

Just an innocent question, do you want a Standard ECU?

I guess an unwanted used ECU will be cheaper if that's the criterion. I always thought that if I needed to replace an ECU, a PCIII would do the job better especially if I had non-standard pipes, intakes etc.

Or am I being fick?

Another option is Cliff and his MyECU. It is fully programmable and can do alot but does require more effort then the other options

Another option is Cliff and his MyECU. It is fully programmable and can do alot but does require more effort then the other options

I would not say that it requires more effort than other ecus. Alas, as things are, most people use the additional options it offers for screwing up things rather than optimise them.

Hubert

I would not say that it requires more effort than other ecus. Alas, as things are, most people use the additional options it offers for screwing up things rather than optimise them.

Hubert

First you have to build it, or you can pay Cliff to build it for you. Then you have to load it. Then you have to tune it. That is more work and commitment then either the stock ECU or the stock ECU and PC3.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of it and I have bought two kits from Cliff (but I have not finished building either). I think it is a great option, but it does not seem to be plug and play like the other two.

I can see and understand your point. The assembling is one thing. The other thing is the plug and play. When I had my MKI ready the standard map that came along with it worked fine.

But naturally I knew things better - I think I'm quite through now with all the options this unit offers. Anyway, I can't say whether the bike nowadays really runs better as it did with the standard Sport 1100 map. I just know it was fun, and that this engine is more or less undestroyable :grin:

Hubert

• 1 year later...

I have a spare if you are in desperate need of one.

If you're not in a huge hurry, you can buy a Ducati 15M (usually under $100 USD) and reflash it with Guzzidiag and the proper V11 map. I have over 2,500 miles on my Ducati ECU, and it has run flawlessly. More info here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17865

Ken