Seat mod

Guest captain nemo

Guest dkgross

Actually..Rich's in Seattle does do a decent amount of advertising..usually in Sound Rider. He's ALWAYS got a booth at the Seattle show, and, especially amongst the Harley crowd, he's reputation is stellar.

Last time I was there, Rich was building seats, as well as his brother, and one other guy. There were two other guys doing the sewing and finish work.

It's a cool setup..Each seat is individually made, and each covering is taylor cut and sewn for each seat.

The ONLY issue I ever had was that on my Guzzi with hanging tits :-) seat, they actually cut the seat pan in order to lower the seat. It ended up craking and ruining the seat. Rich made it right, and his customer service was excellent.

http://www.soundrider.com/archive/services/richs.htm

and, Jaap. OF COURSE you are more than welcome at my place if you come visit Seattle. I'll even offer up my home for a Seattle Guzzi Party (and I'm pretty sure Dave Richardson would love to attend!!!)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And San Diego, too????

No, I'm sad to say we only stay about three weeks in the US. Going by bike is postponed, I feel I have to regain trust in my riding skills before I start off on such a journey.

My GF and I are going to rent a RV and start in Seattle. Then see the sites/landscapes in the NW before going to San Francisco which will be the endpoint of our trip. We will be in the US from about July 20th until August 10th as far as we can predict.

So we don't need a place to stay, we bring our own! But a small Guzzi party would be great! I'd like to meet you and talk Guzzi.

If you have any pointers on this trip let me know!

Guest captain nemo

It's all built on my stock pan, otherwise it would never fit over the battery and all the other particulars. Even the cowling fits ok. But it's amazing how much lower it can be with gel vs. foam. The passenger seat is fit for a queen. And now I'll be able to put her passenger pegs right down beside mine. Tha't a very streatched out leg.

It's all built on my stock pan, otherwise it would never fit over the battery and all the other particulars. Even the cowling fits ok. But it's amazing how much lower it can be with gel vs. foam. The passenger seat is fit for a queen. And now I'll be able to put her passenger pegs right down beside mine. Tha't a very streatched out leg.

Thanks... but BTW it doesn't "have" to be built on the stock pan. My Corbin has a custom laid fiberglass(or some sort of resin) pan. That's why I still have my stock seat for any future project :P

al

..one of these days I hope to run into someone with a Rich Maund seat(or the Rich seat like Nemo's) so I can give it a test sitting to compare with my Corbin.

I know they'll feel different, as the Corbin is very firm, but I'm curious which I'd prefer. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to run into someone at a meet that has one.

And yes, the Corbin is "stout".... but indeed seems to have more room under the pan than the stock seat. So I guess it's a tradeoff :huh2:

al

Woo, I'm looking forward to meeting Jaap now! By the time you show up here, Jaap, I should have my new seat, and we should be able to finagle a good gathering of Guzzisti to swap stories and tell lies.

The question now (obThreadRef) is whether to call Rich's now, or after Xmas.

Guest testmember2

With a new kitchen you don't want to have the "V11 wrecking team" over for a beer, I guess? :D

Seriously, it would be great to meet the NW members when we visit the US. :thumbsup::mg:

<It's me, Jaap>

I have to say that I still like my own redesign for two-up use best. The cowling won't fit on any longer, but this shape is much kinder to the passenger's bottom.

I do like the triple stitching they put into your seat. Nice touch there! Good reshaping on the front as well.

Here's one of the 2-Up Leman's seats that I have done pictured below. I am still very much in business if any of you want seat work done this Winter! I can build on short notice now, but come March I will be back to having to make appointments as much as 6 weeks in advance. So if you wish it done in a timely manner, this is the season to get your bike worked on!

2002_Moto_Guzzi_Lemans_Seat.jpg