PCIII-Were to buy and wich model?

Bugtarget

You will need a PC111 USB part 706 411

Cheers

Guy

Hi

ECU on all V11s is electronically the same except for the addition of a Lambda sensor input on post 03 models. The maps fall broadly into two types, the original map on the Mk1 V11s, those with the red frame and no frame bracing at the front, and those on the other later V11s. There is another subdivision of Mk2 V11s fitted with lambda sensors and those without like mine.

Mk1 ECU maps tended to be quite lean in the mid range, which is the cause (among other things) for the famous V11 cough at 2000 - 3000 rpm. Mk2 maps are better but still over lean in the mid range. The PcIII can sort all this out; don't get overly hung up on the descriptions of the maps (mistral X over etc), put the one closest to the description for your bike and play about with the settings. Providing you don't go over lean you can't damage anything. I tuned mine through many many road rides, working on the basis of altering usually richening the rev range and throttle position that felt weakest on the road. I would do this with carbs so figured I could do this with an ECU too...

The Tacho reads slightly fast but close enough (+100-200 rpm) and one get calibrate the throttle by looking at the 10%,20% and 40% positions as shown on the PC software and marking those points with Tippex or similar on the twist grip. It's close enough.

Alternatively spend the money on a dyno check, and find where the weak spots are. However this won't tell you how it feels on the road, which is what it's all about basically.

I'm running K&N cone filter copies, no airbox, Mistrals and a standard cross over. Map is attached.

PCIIIs seem to be roughly the same price wherever you go, sometimes you get one popping up on ebay.

Cheers

Guzz

120720.djm