V11 valve covers

motowarren

What year and model valve covers are interchangeable with my RM valve covers? My covers need a repaint which I'm going to do but I'd like to have another set to paint a different color while I'm doing the other ones. I'm not real crazy about the red covers anyway so It'd be nice to trade off now and then

What year and model valve covers are interchangeable with my RM valve covers? My covers need a repaint which I'm going to do but I'd like to have another set to paint a different color while I'm doing the other ones. I'm not real crazy about the red covers anyway so It'd be nice to trade off now and then

I am sure all years of V11s will fit. Some of the more knowledgeable members will tell you more than I can. I would consider anodizing over painting. This is a permanent solution so make sure of the color choice. I don't know if you can un-anodize something ?

All V11 covers will fit. Even the ones from the later Griso and 1200Sport will. I have a set of those for sale if you're interested.

Hi Also late model Cali ones ie with square rocker covers will fit. Basically the V11 engine is a Clai engine with hotter cams and a few minor details altered like the sump/oil filter arrangement.

Cheers

Jon

I am sure all years of V11s will fit. Some of the more knowledgeable members will tell you more than I can. I would consider anodizing over painting. This is a permanent solution so make sure of the color choice. I don't know if you can un-anodize something ?

Hi,

Has anyone anodized their covers and were happy with the results? I have been told over the years that cast aluminum doesn't anodize and the finish can appear uneven and or blotchy?

Bob

Or get GUZZI valve covers-

first item on this page:

http://sportcyclepacific.com/featured.html

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to have to hold off for a while to deal with some health issues :(

But while I'm here thanks Docc for the angle drive tip. My speedo works, still bobbles 5 mph but at least doesn't act like a tach like it did sometimes before. Thanks to this forum my RM no longer stalls when I come to a stop. My Motobits foot controls work great and numerous other niggling problems solved the easy way, through other peoples experience. I won't get much more riding in this year as I'm going through some Chemo/Radiation treatment up to Christmas. So hopefully next season I'll get back to some of these minor projects and..put a lot of miles on this thing