Airbox Lid Mod

moto fugazzi

Now that FBF doesn't make the airbox ring, I had to build my own. I wanted to keep the stock airbox lid just in case. I bought a V11 EV airbox from ebay, and used the top portion only. The main difference is that the EV lid has 2 mounting tabs towards the front instead of one. All it took was a piece of metal spanning the 2 tabs, and a hole drilled in the center for the single mounting tab.

I then found a piece of perforated metal and used it to cover the air filter in order to keep out varmints and large debris.

Here's pics of the finished project.

Word on the street is that Todd at Guzzitech will be making the airbox rings very soon.

airbox-1.JPG

airboxV11.JPG

Keep in mind MF that an open airbox is very loud whilst on the gas.I have a modified airbox from the PO in my Duc and it is only a 4X6 rectangle cut on the top of the stock airbox.The intake noise is louder than the Remus exhaust.Not race loud,but slightly louder than I would like.Pulls like a freight liner though,Im thinking of goin back to the stock airbox.

Just a note for anyone thinking of goin in this direction.

Michael

Keep in mind MF that an open airbox is very loud whilst on the gas.I have a modified airbox from the PO in my Duc and it is only a 4X6 rectangle cut on the top of the stock airbox.The intake noise is louder than the Remus exhaust.Not race loud,but slightly louder than I would like.Pulls like a freight liner though,Im thinking of goin back to the stock airbox.

Michael

Before this, I had K&N pods on the bike. The induction/intake noise was way louder than the mistral exhaust. I can barely hear any induction noise now. I do prefer the induction noise over the exhaust, but that's just my opinion.

So far the bike is running much better with this intake instead of the pod filters. Can't wait to get it back from the dyno tuner later today!

Michael

Before this, I had K&N pods on the bike. The induction/intake noise was way louder than the mistral exhaust. I can barely hear any induction noise now. I do prefer the induction noise over the exhaust, but that's just my opinion.

So far the bike is running much better with this intake instead of the pod filters. Can't wait to get it back from the dyno tuner later today!

I found that with the pods you have to do something about adding some length back into the intake track or the bike's unhappy. Once I added the original runners in between the K&N's and the TB's things were much better. Still probably not as good as the stock box but much better and not as loud either.

I found that with the pods you have to do something about adding some length back into the intake track or the bike's unhappy. Once I added the original runners in between the K&N's and the TB's things were much better. Still probably not as good as the stock box but much better and not as loud either.

When I put pods on my machine I experienced a flat spot mid rev range, I added the runners back also.

My winter project is to replace the rubber with some nice SS exhaust pipe to make a couple of velocity stacks.

Most folks seem to report the flat spot with pods. I have been using a FBF lid eliminator kit with good results. Make sure that the aluminized self stick heat shield is well stuck down, because it can be sucked off the fuel tank onto the top of the air filter!

Andy

When I put pods on my machine I experienced a flat spot mid rev range, I added the runners back also.

My winter project is to replace the rubber with some nice SS exhaust pipe to make a couple of velocity stacks.