Unit conversion

Admin Jaap

Guest captain nemo

Thanks Jaap. Since the manual is in metric, (and since you are the host of the forum), it would probably be good form for the rest of us to use metric. I'd like to start thinking in those terms anyway because a lot of what I read is in metric measure. Metric makes sense anyway and what we use does not.

By the way, the web site is really moving slowly tonight. (just for your info if there is some problem)

By the way, the web site is really moving slowly tonight. (just for your info if there is some problem)

It wasn't me! I couldn't get on the forum at all last night. My guess is there was a server problem, because my email and FTP didn't work too...

I'd like to start thinking in those terms anyway because a lot of what I read is in metric measure. Metric makes sense anyway and what we use does not.

To be honest, Captain, you were the cause of me looking fot this software. I read "pounds per inch" in one of your posts. I thought that was too difficult to calculate to Nm so I started Googling for some freeware. So thanks! :thumbsup:

Guest captain nemo

Yea, we measure torque in 'foot pounds' and 'seventy foot pounds of torque' is meaningful to any American biker. But I don't even know what Nm stands for - Newton meters? I'll get the hang of it in time.

I knew I had caused your concern with this funny talk..... :D

Convert

This is the one I have used for a ahwile.

This site is dedicated to computer calc's, I have also used Calc98 with a good degree of satisfaction. Sure beats that Windows piece of junk.