Lowered Pegs

RHIP

In an effort to get the pegs on my Rosso into a more reasonable position, I bought a lowering kit from Twisted Throttle. Quality bits, they move the pegs down 20mm. This does make a huge difference on longer trips, but they are still too high to be really comfortable. They also move my boots out a bit, so that I need to "toe-in" when braking and shifting. They help more than they hurt, and I'm leaving them on. It's possible to get a 50mm lowering bracket, but it's not recommended except for rear pegs. I would be curious what it would do - with these, no difference on cornering clearance for me

GetInline-1.jpg

GetInline.jpg

I've not done any alterations.. I just don't want my feet wider apart. It seems like every solution has to bump the peg out and not the shift,brake lever. a clever guy might be able to mod the pork chop and lower the mount ?

FG, as a fellow-Minnesotan, of course you are right. But better than messing with the porkchop, I think someone with the right program could cut some lower aluminum mounting brackets that, properly designed, would keep your feet in where they should be. This system is a tradeoff, but for the miles spent with some relief from the too-high stock position, the minor annoyance of tucking in my toes when I need to shift and brake is worth it.

FG, as a fellow-Minnesotan, of course you are right. But better than messing with the porkchop, I think someone with the right program could cut some lower aluminum mounting brackets that, properly designed, would keep your feet in where they should be. This system is a tradeoff, but for the miles spent with some relief from the too-high stock position, the minor annoyance of tucking in my toes when I need to shift and brake is worth it.

One of the problems with the later bikes is the adoption of the wider tyre and six-speed box. The LH side is much the same as earlier bikes but they moved the shaft over more to the right and so the pork chop and footrest are also further to the right, so your right foot is already further out than your left.

The LH rest can be lowered easily by relocating onto the frame bolt below and aft - although this does give rise to problems setting the gearlever low enough depending on what boots you wear. The RH side footrest can be mounted on a longer bolt through the brake pedal assy but moves the foot even further to the right. Ideally the brake lever needs to be mounted further back and further in allowing the footrest to take the old brake pedal position - this would need a redesigned brake pedal , a new brake pedal mount plate and possible remounting of the master cylinder ........ have fun.

• 1 month later...

I use the BUELL ULYSSES foot peg set.

IMG_20121228_135145.jpg

1 x Buell Ulysses Footpeg Rider (Right Front) [N0503.1AK] ($36.95)

1 x Buell Ulysses Footpeg Rider (Left Front) [N0502.1AK] ($36.95)

1 x Ulysses Rider Footpeg Spring (Right Side) [C0249.02A8] ($1.25)

1 x Ulysses Rider Footpeg Spring (Front Left) [C0250.02A8] ($1.25)

2 x Ulysses Footpeg E Ring [N0425.02A8] ($2.65)

2 x Ulysses Footpeg Pin [C0235.02A8] ($3.50)

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $88.70

-M-

• Like 1

Moto International used to sell a kit by Motobits. Includes shifter and brake pedal. Moves the pegs down and forward. Good foot position and nicely made. Not sure if they are still available.

IMG_3604_1crop.jpg

The Buell option looks good. 

Why can't the pin and spring from the Guzzi just be used with the Buell peg?

Were you able to adjust the brake and gear lever to the lower pedal?

Just found and ordered some great looking Buell pegs on ebay.  Here is the link.  The listing says he only has one set left.  Sportier looking than the stock Ulysses peg but same drop. Will post after I get them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-Rider-Footpeg-Kit-for-XB-Models-N0006-1AD-/281044079980?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ABuell|Model%3AUlysses&hash=item416f88556c&vxp=mtr

Why can't the pin and spring from the Guzzi just be used with the Buell peg?

I ordered pin& spring without knowing if the original Guzzi parts can be re-used or not.

It's just a few cents, and if *not*, I'd have to do another order at www.buellparts.net, which means another 2-3 weeks waiting (due to German customs clearance, it takes them 2 weeks).

Now seeing the parts in real, I think i can re-use the Guzzi pin.

The spring is different, and i will mount the Buell spring.