My '73 Eldorado (in 1980)

Tom in Virginia

Here's a pic of my '73 Eldorado taken in 1980, shortly after I rode it back from Idaho to Virginia. I still have the bike, with a couple of others taking up garage space as well. Am planning to restore it (on the lift now) after talking to Cycle Garden for a shoot from the hip estimate (ouch, I am not rich!). Will use this thread to update progress over the long haul.

Also riding a 03 LeMans and 07 Street Glide.

hyBcf.jpg

Here's a pic of my '73 Eldorado taken in 1980, shortly after I rode it back from Idaho to Virginia. I still have the bike, with a couple of others taking up garage space as well. Am planning to restore it (on the lift now) after talking to Cycle Garden for a shoot from the hip estimate (ouch, I am not rich!). Will use this thread to update progress over the long haul.

Nice ride. I'm trying to carve out some time/money and repaint my '74 Eldo. They are great motorbikes.

hyBcf.jpg

Here's my other ride:

FZfsq.jpg

Nice ride. I'm trying to carve out some time/money and repaint my '74 Eldo. They are great motorbikes.

Yeah, wish I could paint, never been very successful at it. It's ridiculous what a good bike paint job costs. Can barely draw stickmen without drafting equipment:)

hyBcf.jpg

Here's my other ride:

FZfsq.jpg

And last but not least, one bike I thought I would never own (my son called me "traitor" when he first saw it :)

sS4Ej.jpg

my son called me "traitor" when he first saw it

Traitor or tractor ...?

Ha, "traitor" because I had it in the garage, was working on it, he comes around corner, hears country music playing and finds a Harley. He's a Yamaha R6 track rider... and all we have owned to date were jap bikes (besides my 73 Eldo) dirt riding and street and I usually listen to the latest rock/hard rock/blues. Told him "just tryin' something different!"

I've (thought I) wanted a lot of different bikes over the years, but the idea of having an Eldorado never goes away. The idea vacillates between rat-bike, nice original, and fully restored, but just won't leave me alone.

Looking forward to watching this story unfold!