shorter handlebar for the Griso 1200 .

jihem

I mean counter-steering of course (i did translate Keith Code's first book in french, how could this term escape me ?).

As for the amount of effort needed, it might be perspective as my two latest bikes were a Ghezzi Supertwin and a Ducati Superlight: it seems to me the Griso's steering is a handfull needing much attention. But it might be something else and I surely will have to look at the steering head.

I would think the SuperTwin would steer lighter then a Griso but not sure about the Ducati. I have rode/raced a few Ducatis and I did not think the Ducati's stock steered that lightly. Again.....perspective. Checking the steering head bearings as Pete suggested. Also, some people have dropped the front end a little by sliding the fork tubes up through the triple clamps to speed up the steering a bit. Also, air pressure can make a big difference in how light on it toes the bike feels. I run 34F/36R, other run higher. Higher pressure will make the bike steer lighter. But with that long wheel base, even if it turns in quicker with less effort, it will never turn as tight as the other two bikes you came from.

• 4 weeks later...

After six years of the standard bars, I guess I`ve got used to them, despite having arms that are shorter than a very short short thing. As for the steering bearings, they`re next, just as soon as my supplier delivers my swing arm brgs so I can build the back end up and remove the front. The drive side brg was totally shagged after 22,000 miles. Lack of grease! I think they packed them with olive oil and pesto at the factory. I`m not expecting much from the front. Twats!