tank filler blockage

dangerous

I checked my tank today and it seems to be clogged also. I removed the tank and emptied it. I took the nipples and hoses off the bottum of the tank and they are clear but there still is a restriction in the tank. Is there any kind of one way valve or reducer valve in there? If not I should be able to go down through there with mechanics wire and clean it out right? How unrestricted should it be? I would have thought that water should run through it pretty easy. Is there any convoluted angles in there that could restrict it? TIA

Mine was blocked at the nipple under the tank (no hose on it) once I cleared it out I poured a little petrol down from the filler, it ran out the over flow very fast (now with a hose on it)

Please take care with compressed air, not to much pressure to start with.....

I cleared the blocked vents on 1100 sport and breva with a mountain bike inner brake cable and a slowly rotatating battery dril.

Working from the top and slowly introducing down into the vent. took a bit of time.   Worked well for me 

Well I found my problem. Someone had this cap off before and put the gasket on upside down so the bolt holes lined up but the vent holes were block. Another prior mechanic puzzle solved. I've certainly had my share of them on this bike.

bloody hell... so went to a bike rally yesterday and on return passed through a meteor shower of bugs, so just washed the thing and figgered lift the cap and check out that nice dry filler... NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... water flooded in the tank as I opened it *sigh* 

So off with the tank and yip the over flow nipple was blocked again, wasnt much but was enough so I drilled it out from a 3mm to a 4mm lets see if that helps.