Now where did I put those studs?

mznyc

Ah, never let a little snow stop me from a ride.Actually quite mild,upper 40's and roads clear of ice with a little salt/sand in spots , so got the Scura and Duc out for a short ride to keep the fluids movin,top off with fuel and a shot of fuel stabilizer.

IMG_1591.jpg

Thanks Jason,

The fogged up phone pic doesn't do it justice,she really cleaned up nicely!

It's been quite an adventure and Ive learned a lot along the way.Thanks to the help,knowledge and encouragement from you and many others.Funny thing was after all that work it was the pre-selector cover all along as I had suspected at first.No matter as I wanted to change out the twin plate for the stock single.

Still thinking of a get together for the V11's in the Lake George area in mid May .You'd be welcome to the Scura or ST4 if you can make it. :bike: Posting ideas in a few weeks,....

Michael

My school's graduation is May 4.   :grin: Thereafter, I'm free.

And I'd bring my own bike.  I've been having a lot of fun on my latest- a Ducati Multistrada.  

Don't worry folks- I've got more Guzzi's than I can shake a fist at.  My Eldo is up on the lift, getting a facelift herself.

I'll have my schedule kinda sorted in a couple weeks ,thinking 2-3rd week of May before the summer crowds invade the Adirondacks. I forgot you got a hot long distance ride! 1K miles for you,so offer will stand if you change your mind and you want to fly.

Funny thing was after all that work it was the pre-selector cover all along as I had suspected at first.

Michael

Michael, I know there is another thread that covered all the detail on your odyssey; seemed like it took a year! :luigi:

Could you briefly summarize here what started it and how it  turned out to be the pre-selector plate?

Over a year and a half it was down Docc.

I still need to do a comprehensive write-up with pics.That thread dealt with issues as I ran into them and is not cohesive.

Basically,I started missing shifts up and down.

Pawl and spring had been replaced by PO and shifted trouble free for me for several seasons.

I checked and replaced all springs in cover.

Checked shift linkage,changed to Moto-Bits

All internals of the cover looked good.

Bled clutch,changed fluid

Changed to Redline in box and diff.

Changed single stock clutch to used 08 Griso 2-plate with new friction plates.

None of this worked.

Bought a used 04 Trans with cover.For yuks ,put cover on my box and it shifts perfect!

Have several hundred miles on the new set-up and it's been trouble free :whistle:

When you changed the cover, did you swap all of its kit with it (pawl arm, springs, toothed,shift plates, and all)?

I tell you, you've been unbelievably dedicated to working through this.

You deserve a medal. Or, at the very least, the Best Sorted V11 on the planet! :mg::thumbsup:

When you changed the cover, did you swap all of its kit with it (pawl arm, springs, toothed,shift plates, and all)?

I tell you, you've been unbelievably dedicated to working through this.

You deserve a medal. Or, at the very least, the Best Sorted V11 on the planet! :mg::thumbsup:

Ha ha,no many more have had a lot more problems than me.I think Chuck's Rosso was a lot worse from abuse when he got it and now sorted.

Would have never happened without Jaap's forum and the people who support it.Luckily Im too stubborn or foolish to take the advice of the member who tell's me to stop dicking with it whenever I have a problem.

I only changed the 3 springs in the cover.But PO replaced the pawl arm to corrected part.I'm gonna have Charlie Cole look it over and see if he can see something obvious.

Thanks!