Help w tps set

Lamedog

Adjusting TPS and balancing TB's this weekend on my '02 lemans. Bike has the Ti exhaust and ECU. I don't see reference in the procedure where this affects the target 521 mv. Any thoughts on this? Also, do I disconnect my PCIII while doing this? Wouldn't see why, but its easy enough to do. Thanks for helping me beat an old horse....

LD here is the procedure.http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12204

I dont have my PC3 installed yet but most of the posts Ive seen on the subject recommend disconnecting and getting TPS,balance,and idle correct before adjusting PC.I found and some others that the bike ran better all-round with the stock ECU with the Ti's installed.FWIW

Hello Lamedog!  Good to see that you're still here.

No need to disconnect the PCIII and as far as I know the idle TPS setting should be the same regardless of which ECU you have.

I set to 530mv @ 1100rpm.  I think the 521mv is for a 1050rpm idle?  Either way you should be fine.

I like Tom's approach. In fact, many of the early tachs read high. In other words, if it says 1100, you're actually turning 800. Not good!

That can be checked with an Axone or VDSTS.

Thanks guys, been awhile since I have been here. I don't have an Axone or ability to test exhaust. I did have the bike running great awhile back with the Ti Ecu, and a PCIII map I made by combining maps from Moto Intl web site when I got the new exhaust. But things slipped toward the end of last summer with more uneveness at low throttle and a bit of popping on decelleration. I replaced TB rubber manifolds which were cracked (but not thru as it turned out), plugs and HT leads. New fuel filter, set valves and adjusted TB's with the above procedure. Things got considerably better, but not all the way back. I'll set up the fans and give it another pass. Will try a few settings at 1100 RPM indicated and take notes on what seems best. I love the bike and with 30k miles there is no reason to let such a lovely thing go.