Need an Ignition Switch I think (2000 Naked)

Goosed Again

Well, the 2000 Naked I bought is still over at Werkstatt in SF getting sorted out, I think and hope it's going well. One thing that apparently isn't is the ignition switch. It came without the switch installed and when they put it in it wouldn't start except in locked position and then (my understanding) once started it wouldn't unlock. It may be the wrong switch entirely, any ideas where I can get the correct one for that year and model?

If it starts the bike in the locked position then either it is the wrong switch or it is installed/wired wrong. That clearly should not happen.

There are a few good sources for parts. I bought an entire key/switch set from Moto International a while back, very reasonably priced.

MG Cycle and Harpers are also often good sources of parts.

Thanks. Talked to MG and they said order it from a dealer. I'm gonna have Werkstatt send the bike home without the switch installed and I guess that will be the first thing I'll have to deal with as in the long run it will probably be more cost effective for me to @#$$#! with it then someone that may be unfamiliar with how it goes in... if it's the right one.

One of the few lesson's from my youth that I've carried forward into my later years: The A.R.T. of repair - Analyze Repair Test

Jaap sent me this link a while back.Maybe he could translate or use Google translator to see if it is still available.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/MOTO-GUZZI-V11-LM-V-11-LE-MANS-SCHLOsSATZ-ZUNDSCHLOSS-/180710254052?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item2a132ba5e4

with out going outside right now to compare, I bet this would fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-Moto-Guzzi-Bassa-Jackal-California-LOCK-SET-IGNITION-SWITCH-KEY-/200795067407?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec051940f&vxp=mtr

ya know Guzzi, I don't think they use different components just because it's a different model..

just don't trust anything this Pinwheel (seller) outfit tells you, they have no clus about Guzzi's.