MPH BAR RISERS

bikelee

Works for me Lee,did about 6 hrs on Monday.The most important mod I have put on all my bikes is a throttle lock.I took mine off the Ducati whilst working on a problem and had a pretty sore wrist after 5 hrs yesterday.

Do these riser work ? Will they help ease my 63 year old back ?  http://mphcycles.com/handle-bar-risers/

Maybe working on your core and thigh strength will, too. Just sayin. Not trying to be a smartass here, read on. . As I aged, I had to go from sport bikes that hurt my neck to more upright positions. that hurt my back.  :mellow: A personal trainer worked with me and said, "I can get you back on sport bikes."  Worked for me.  :grin:

while i've not found my '02 LeMans clip-ons uncomfortable (i'm 5'8", although kinda long inseam & arms,) although no back pain from riding, i've always had neck pain. and always had *sport* bikes.

quite by accident after my last helmet purchase (AGV S-4 couple years ago) i found my neck pain gone. realized the visor cutout has a higher vision area and i'm not having to tilt my head up to see now. what a difference. i guess bar risers would kind of do the same thing by lifting the body up a tad.

i did have to lower the pegs an inch though, that really helped, especially after the knee replacement.

good luck 

I was in Moto International a couple of weeks ago, Dave pointed out that the V11 top triple clamp has the boss in the casting to take a riser. he suggested a set of bars from a dirt bike.

I was in Moto International a couple of weeks ago, Dave pointed out that the V11 top triple clamp has the boss in the casting to take a riser. he suggested a set of bars from a dirt bike.

JRT had a writeup with pictures on here a few years back on how to install standard handlebars on a V11 Sport.  I don't think it's here anymore :huh2: .  I followed his instructions and installed a set of Ballabio bars & risers that I found on ebay. 

Something to consider if you try this on a LeMans is fairing clearance.  The Ballabio riser have about a 55mm rise and an 8mm setback.  The handlebars would have hit the fairing without the setback or with more rise.  My bars just barely cleared the fairing at full lock once I repositioned the clutch and brake fluid reservoirs.

If you go to wider bars on a LeMans you will find the stock mirrors completely useless.  I could only see my arms even when I still had the clipons so I installed Buell mirrors with longer stalks.