RIDE REPORT 2003 ROSSA

bikelee

:race:  FINALLY ! I took my first extended ride on my new to me Rossa. Holy mother of pearl ! This bike is all I hoped it would be. After about 30 hours of work replacing all the fluids, installing new steering bearings, getting rid of a mouse nest in the air cleaner assembly, adjusting the idle (po set it too high), replacing tach glass, cleaning and other assorted tasks, it starts, runs like a bear and sounds beautiful with those Ferrachi cf mufflers. Handles very well to boot.

I am glad to be on a Guzzi again. I had a LeMans 1 back in the day.

As for some accessories: I'm gonna put MPH bar risers on and try some Buell pegs I've had stashed away for such a situation to try and make the riding position a little more comfortable for my aging :oldgit: 63 year old body. Also installed a Guzzi rear rack to carry tools and other sundries. The bike came with a Tourmaster tank bag that fits like a glove. I am gonna try putting lead shot and silicone in the handlebars to try and quell some of the vibes in the bars. The vibes are not bad but maybe I can reduce them with the shot. 

I also sourced a new speedometer from MPH to have ready when the original one fails ( I guess they almost always do. ) :mg:  Again thanks :notworthy: for all the help and advice in this endeavor. I hope to be an active participant in this forum. 

:race:  FINALLY ! I took my first extended ride on my new to me Rossa. Holy mother of pearl ! This bike is all I hoped it would be. After about 30 hours of work replacing all the fluids, installing new steering bearings, getting rid of a mouse nest in the air cleaner assembly, adjusting the idle (po set it too high), replacing tach glass, cleaning and other assorted tasks, it starts, runs like a bear and sounds beautiful with those Ferrachi cf mufflers. Handles very well to boot.

I am glad to be on a Guzzi again. I had a LeMans 1 back in the day.

As for some accessories: I'm gonna put MPH bar risers on and try some Buell pegs I've had stashed away for such a situation to try and make the riding position a little more comfortable for my aging :oldgit: 63 year old body. Also installed a Guzzi rear rack to carry tools and other sundries. The bike came with a Tourmaster tank bag that fits like a glove. I am gonna try putting lead shot and silicone in the handlebars to try and quell some of the vibes in the bars. The vibes are not bad but maybe I can reduce them with the shot. 

I also sourced a new speedometer from MPH to have ready when the original one fails ( I guess they almost always do. ) :mg:  Again thanks :notworthy: for all the help and advice in this endeavor. I hope to be an active participant in this forum. 

You will have to understand one thing..........this will feel this good EVERY time you roll off on this bike.

Congratulations! another True Believer. 

and i have to agree, it will feel this good every time.

cheers, stefano (who just got back from the non ethanol (92 octane) station to fill up & used half the tank on the LONG way home..... 

Congrat's on getting your Rosso on the road Lee!  Did you sync the throttle bodies during your tuneup?  Having them synced will help keep the vibes down.

I got a pair of very heavy bar ends from Moto I years ago.  They helped a lot with vibes that I got after installing standard handlebars without cushion mounts.  They fit my Ballabio bars so I'm sure they'd fit the stock clipons.

Way to go and with spring starting to rear its head, may there be many more joyous rides ahead of you!

My bike (2000 Sport) is supposed to finally be arriving this coming weekend, then I get to sort out a DMV nightmare, and then at last ride!

In the meantime the riding lawn mower is all the excitement I've got... if only Guzzi made a mower

Great news Lee.Glad it's all coming together.They are quite fun beasts to ride,especially when they're able to breath with aftermarket cans.Also the X-over and PC111 or re-flashed ECU help widen the fuel response once tuned properly.

Im busy the next couple weeks but I'll try to get up there to do a scouting trip for a group ride.

Also Manic Salamander makes heavy bar ends that smooth out vibes.I have the Throttlemeisters .They make a heavyweight bar end ,so you get that and the throttle lock advantage. http://throttlemeister.com/app/inventoryapp/moto_guzzi/inventory_view/83-0-246-1.html

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Lee. It's a wonderful bike. Has anybody ever heard of a heel-toe shifter for the RC? I have a nerve problem that doesn't permit me to upshift the bike, and shifting with your heel is really difficult and slow.

Thanks, and ride well, Lee---