All Guzzis go to heaven, right?

Kickeroo

Not thought of that one, Pete, will give it a go next time I change the oil and filter Thanks Andy

If that fails, the next trick is to get a left-handed drill bit & an ez-out of the appropriate size. Often times the left-handed drilling will be enough to start working them loose [which is good, 'cause it's too darn easy to bust the ez-out in the small size required for these bolts.] Burning them out w/ a sinker EDM is truly the last resort...

BTW, a penetrating lube like KROIL has been shown to help the process. [& for the traditional penny-pinching Guzzista, you can roll your own very close substitute from a 50-50 mix of acetone & ATF.] :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

It's been more than two months.  Rumor is; spun bearing.  Sounds hopeful.  All I have to do now is wait for all of the other Euro-bikes ahead of me to be serviced.  At least my trusty Triumph Thruxton is still around. I know.  Nice problem to have.

Wow, that long to just find out what is wrong?  Seems a bit of a stretch to me...

Best of luck -- hope they can get you fixed up soon!

Shaun

• 2 months later...

Bearings on the left piston shattered, as high speed and rpms (um, yes, that was me) cooked the oil and let friction take over.  Crankshaft has been verified to be ok by a very competent machine shop, and both pistons and connecting arms are still within factory spec (gotta love how tough this thing is).

Bearings on the left piston shattered, as high speed and rpms (um, yes, that was me) cooked the oil and let friction take over. 

so ya left hand big end let go right? what else are ya mumbling bout sorry dont get it?

Indeed, that's a bit cryptic. High speed and rpms - that's what these engines are designed for.

Hubert

Bearings on the left piston shattered, as high speed and rpms (um, yes, that was me) cooked the oil and let friction take over. 

so ya left hand big end let go right? what else are ya mumbling bout sorry dont get it?

Indeed, that's a bit cryptic. High speed and rpms - that's what these engines are designed for.

Hubert

yeah I know... so why did it let go??? 

is he saying he ran out of oil so feed it the fat? that be dumb, so Im thinking... shit what was I thinking?