Metezler Z8

cash1000

I'm running Metezlers Z6s on my MG RM. The front needs replacing. I thought I would try the Z8.

Has anyoner got any thoughts on what they are like?

Could I run a Z8 front and Z6 rear without any problems in handling?

See post on my experience with the Z8 rear / Z6 front  :

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17471&page=2

I was dissappointed with wear on the Z8 rear (squared off badly), but handling wise it was ok. I plan to switch back to Pirelli at next change. I see no reason why you shouldn't run a Z8 front with your Z6 rear ... hopefully the Z8 would be quieter than I (and others) found the Z6 to be .!

• 4 weeks later...

I put a pair of Maxxis boots on my V11, a cracking price and a super tire!!

• 4 weeks later...

I can highly recommend the Z8's, have used both front and back on my Griso and got good wear on all sorts of road surfaces and have found them good in the wet. 

They replaced the sportier M5's I previously had fitted with no apparent loss of handling and seem to be a robust tyre standing up to the shitty roads in Oz and even worked well on dirt roads. Have been used for one-up sport riding to 2 up with luggage without any complaints and have worked perfectly in all conditions.

Mark

• 2 months later...

Tried new Z8 on front with half worn Z6 on back. No good would not tip into corners smoothly. Put new Z8 on back. Now better than with Z6's on. Stable at speed and under braking excellent roll into corners. Does any one want to buy a half worn Metzler 180/55 Z6?