What is best grease to buy for the drive shaft u-joints?

4corsa

Going to grease the u-joints next weekend (including the dreaded front u-joint) on my '02 V11 Scura.  Planning to buy an angled attachment for my grease gun.  I've seen the spec in the service manual for the grease: "Non-saponic, 180 degree (Celcius?),...etc.  Seems to be mostly in metric, and I have a feeling when I get to NAPA or Pep Boys, i'm not going to be able to find that info on the labels. 

Anyone have a proven brand name/type that I should look for?

Thanks!

I use the red stuff.Hmm can't remember name brand or specs.I'll have a look when I get home.Sorry to be to so technical. :grin: Someone smarter than me will chime in.Too bad ,I was in Phili last week to work ,woulda been happy to help .

PS Your probably gonna do them anyway,but a reminder that it's a good time to grease rear drive and rear wheel bearings.Bearings tend to come undergreased from factory and mine failed at about 18K.Coulda been bad :whistle:

Docc wrote up a great article of "Things to do with the rear wheel off".

I use the red stuff.Hmm can't remember name brand or specs.I'll have a look when I get home.Sorry to be to so technical. :grin: Someone smarter than me will chime in.Too bad ,I was in Phili last week to work ,woulda been happy to help .

Thanks - awfully nice of you to offer to help out while you were in town!

Lubrication Engineers 3752 -Great stuff-

-KG-

I just ordered a tube - thanks for the help!

GD

Honda and BWM make special spline lube.  Also "open gear lube" is good, as it has the tackiness not to be thrown off the splines.

Can also use standard auto grease.  The splines are usually dry, so even regular grease is huge improvement.