fuel leak

sculler2x

I replaced the high pressure fuel lines on my V11 and now I have a fuel leak and it is not the lines or clamps.  When it is cool fuel comes out where the T fitting goes into the injector.  Any ideas on how to stop this?

There should be O rings at the T fittings. Your local NAPA should have them. It certainly isn't a picnic taking the injectors off. IIRC, there's a circlip that needs to be removed to remove the T fitting at the injector. If you're going to remove the injector for this, it wouldn't hurt to send them in for cleaning at that point. I sent mine to www.lindertech.com, and I think the total cost with shipping was around $80 for the pair. 

Did you use fuel injector clamps when replacing the hoses? They don't dig into the hoses like standard hose clamps do.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is now solved.  I was able to remove the T fitting without removing the injector by releasing the circle clip.  The O-ring was in perfect condition but it was not free to move.  I have seen this before in industrial applications.  I put fuelproof Flourinated  (Krytox) grease on the O-ring and mating surfaces and the leak was stopped.

http://www2.dupont.com/Lubricants/en_US/applications/O_rings.html