Remove gear box.

Solar

Hallo Everyone!I have big problem from Yesterday,bike start ratting on 4th gear.After remove selector cover and inspect springs I find nothing wrong,until I see one loose tooth on bottom of gear box!I don't now is it from bottom or top gear.My question is possible to take off gear box without moving engine?(after taking off wheel,shaft,swing arm etc)?Did someone do it?(maybe photos)Any tips to move or take apart box?Thx for any help and sorry for my English!Karol.

Good job so far. Move on, you'll get it going again soon. Alas the parts probably will be everything but cheap. How many miles/kms has the gearbox done so far?

Hubert

Miles is only 19,800 :huh2:  I do it everything by myself so no labor cost,Gear whit broken tooth is part of Primary gear shaft assy  and cost £577.70 inc. VAT :mg: But I have other plan I send shaft to Poland where engineering co. Make new gear and fit back on shaft.

I think that picking up a used gearbox, on the long run at least, would be the better solution. Loosing teeth is not what I'd call proper ageing for a gearbox. Have you noticed the pitting that has already built up? Unless you haven't been really rude to your example I'd say you just hit this one box that shouldn't have passed the quality checks at the suppliers.

Having your F/F make a new wheel nevertheless is a good idea. Those normally like some challenge from time to time :)

Hubert

There was no other since except missing teeth,and I never was rude, event more I was always gently.I thing You  probably right, gear could be over hardened?My F/F after cutting new gear He gone send it to induction hardening

The tooth fairy better pay top dollar for that lost gear tooth!  :grin:

Looks like a painful operation to make. Best of luck on your gear replacement, I will certainly take note in case I ever run into such an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello boys and girls! On Tuesday, back to me shaft  whit new gear!It looks great!!!Today after work, bike should  be ready for a test ride!Also I bought Redline shockproof heavy oil

new 4th gear2

new 4th gear1

new 4th gear

How about a "Forum Hero Of The Month" award?

It will be interesting how the new and freshly hardened gear will go along with its already worn in counterpart. I hope the new gear wont eat through the old one all in one bite.

Hubert