Corbin seat for my 2001 V11 Sport

Vincez

OK, I need a new (read more comfortable) seat for my V11. I've had good luck with Corbin before, especially with my 1990 900 Duc, but there seems to be "not so good" comments on this forum about Corbin for our Guzzis. I've called them and they don't have a seat for the 2001 V11 Sport but I've seen photos on the web of 2001's with Corbins. I guess the difference is the cowling for our 2001s. My question - can the Corbin made for the 2000 V11 fit the 2001 and what is the general impression of their seats for Guzzis?

Thanks for any/all comments.

Vince Z, Columbia, MD

The seats of all early red framed models V11 models are exactly the same. At least that's what the parts manual sais. Don't know for the later black framed models. As far as I can remember Corbin seats don't use the OEM cowling.
Another option is Rich Maund Cycle Upholstery; he does a damn good seat conversion and can make it exactly how you want it. Higher, lower, softer, smaller, wider, you decide.
He used to ride a V11 and I believe he is still a forum member. He's in Cheaspeake VA. Google his contact details.

I tried a seat on my Rosso Mandello that was from a newer model ..... it fit but was too short to match up to the tank ...... there was quite a noticeable gap and the contours were mismatched.

I believe the difference is the tanks .... with or without internal fuel pump.

• Like 1

I am having my seat done by Rich now. He's a great guy and knows his stuff. I am very fussy about seat comfort. I'll report back and let you know how the seat works out. See ya on the road. :mg:

I got  a used one here for my 02 Lemans.(Thanks, Leon). it's an improvement from stock but not perfect. I'm a little too short to reach butt to the pocket completely.. it's not soft! but the shape is better than stock. and yes the early V11 needed a slightly different seat, I tried to mount one but it didn't fit.. seems more like the latch was different not the front mount area.