Anyone buy a fender eliminator recently?

mznyc

Thinkin of cleaning up the rear end but haven't found a FE anywhere.Anyone buy one recently? FBF doesn't list them anymore.

Thanks

Michael

I made one a few years ago.  I have a PDF of the pattern I used to make it, but it is missing a lot of detail.  I always meant to make some changes to the design, clean up the drawings and post them here.

If anyone is interested in making their own I'll dig up the files to see what changes they would need to make sense to someone other than myself.

Attached are some photos of what it looks like.  Its made from 2 pieces of sheet steel that are bent up and welded together.  I used the original spacers for the front turn signals to mount the rear ones to this bracket.  Sorry, I don't have any pics of what it looks like on the bike.  I'll take some in the next couple days.

Fender eliminator 3.jpg

Fender Eliminator 4.jpg

• Like 1

mznyc - my v11 has a fender eliminator" on it that the PO installed. Not sure what the brand is but I can find out. it has a clear lens, integrated LED turnsignals and brake/running lights with the illuminated plate bracket underneath.

• 2 months later...

Hey, sorry I never got back to you. In case you're still looking, this is the one I have:

http://www.harpermoto.com/led-taillight-conversion-for-v11-sport-and-lemans-1999-2004.html

Looks really nice and clean tucked under the tail section, and it's very visible. I also have blinkers up front that can be seen from behind. Planning on installing some bar end signals, just for redundancy's sake, also because I think they look cool :)

Looks really nice and clean tucked under the tail section, and it's very visible. I also have blinkers up front that can be seen from behind. Planning on installing some bar end signals, just for redundancy's sake, also because I think they look cool :)

That looks like the same shell for a light from an early LED tail light - fender eliminator kit. The original ones didn't have signal lights integrated nor were they very bright. In fact they have such poor lighting I would deem them hazardous for daytime driving.

I would be interested in this one if you could give me some assurance that it is bright enough to be seen well in daylight.

It passed NYC road inspection, for what its worth (which admittedly might not be worth much.)

I'll take some pics and post them. They are pretty bright though, and the flashing actually animates instead of just blinking on and off, so it is very eye catching.

danl, I would like the pattern if it is still available. PM sent.