Lucas oil heavy duty for shafts?

Jacob Ezzell

I have to admit, I don't really keep up on my scheduled maintenance, and I'm sure it's going to bite me in the ass. I finally got around to changing my rear tire, so I figured I would follow through with the what to do when your tires are off thread.

I'm trying to grease the shaft for the first time. I picked up a grease gun and it came with some heavy duty grease made by Lucas Oil. It's nlgi #2, which I've read is the right grade.

Any idea if this is good enough stuff?

This is what it says on the company product page:

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=37&catid=14&loc=show&headTitle=%20-%20Lucas%20X-TRA%20Heavy%20Duty%20Grease

LUCAS X-TRA HEAVY DUTY GREASE

Virtually wash-out proof. Stands up to high temperatures and stays soft in very low temperatures. EP fortified and exceeds OEM specifications.

Lucas X-TRA Heavy Duty Grease was formulated for automotive, agricultural, heavy-duty and industrial applications. It is virtually waterproof and is more stable than all conventional lithium grease. It is fortified with an extreme pressure additive package and it exceeds OEM Lube for Life specifications.

Key Benefits

Lasts four times longer than regular grease

Virtually waterproof

All temperature stable

Exceeds Lube for Life specifications

The ultimate grease for high speed bearings

Does sound like the dog's b*!!*x doesn't it?

Probably hard to get in the UK and my grease gun is cartridge type so it would have to be available as a cartridge.

That sounds like excellent grease for the application. The real trick is make sure some makes its way into that front U-joint!

And it comes with a little "Red & Tacky?" Huh - I used to date this girl in college that . . . oh . . . :blush: - better not go there . . . B)