Plate holder. Any suggestion?

capmarveljr.

Hi.

Please excuse me if it's not the right section.

As a lot of people, I was wondering about changing the plate holder of my Scura (I think it's too "heavy" for the stye of the bike) but, due to my delay, I've problems on finding something on the market.

So I ask you: is there any chance, for me?

Honestly, I'm not so willing to change the rear light or the indicators.

Maybe, someone is wiling to share his experience, maybe with something homemade  :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for your help

We went with the Rossopuro fender eliminator on the wife's V11.

I don't know if they still sell it but it allowed us to use the stock taillight and signals. And it had a hinge that allowed you to adjust the angle.

I'm sure you could make your own if you wanted.

Thank you, you all.

Didn't find anything of my taste, so I'm thinking about making one by myself.

Emry, if you could post some images with instructions, it will be very appreciated, thank you very much

You are too kind docc. This really isn't that impressive, but it worked. The plate bolts on to two small tabs on the rear subframe, you can see the bolts just above the inside of the turnsignals. The taillight is riveted to the plate. The mounts for the turnsignals is the material from behind the taillight bent inward toward the rear tire. The license plate bolts on just below the rear taillight. To cover the large hold that is left from removing the old piece I used a small sheet of black plastic and some 3M double side foam tape. Sorry I don't have any dimensions, but a little bit of cardboard mock will get all the dimensions right before you commit to metal. I just used some mild sheet steel, 12 gauge most likely.

IMG_20130809_124025 (Small).jpg IMG_20130809_124132 (Small).jpg