spark plug wires

rossi46

Looking at what I found under the boot made me realized how easy it is for moisture to blow in there. After cleaning it all up and replacing the broken metal connector, I sealed it all up with Vaseline or KY Jelly also work (not sure what products you Brits have for that sort of, er, "duty." ;)

For a long time I used copper antiseize paste thinking it would enhance conductivity. gstallons was kind enough to enlighten me to the fact that it's actually petroleum grease and doesn't conduct. Indeed so. :blush:

• Like 1

Hey, I appreciate that! I've been thinking about doing that list for a while. Almost all that stuff is in other threads and posts that I am continuing to search and link.

These bikes just keep getting sweeter the more you love on them!  :luigi::wub: 

Looking at what I found under the boot made me realized how easy it is for moisture to blow in there. After cleaning it all up and replacing the broken metal connector, I sealed it all up with Vaseline or KY Jelly also work (not sure what products you Brits have for that sort of, er, "duty." ;)

For a long time I used copper antiseize paste thinking it would enhance conductivity. gstallons was kind enough to enlighten me to the fact that it's actually petroleum grease and doesn't conduct. Indeed so. :blush:

We don't need anything for that 'duty', our women are always ready. Lets face it, you never heard of a Brit getting into an open boat and rowing across the North sea to get to the Viking girls.

• Like 1

We don't need anything for that 'duty', our women are always ready. Lets face it, you never heard of a Brit getting into an open boat and rowing across the North sea to get to the Viking girls.

HA -so, there! Although, figure after about year 800 half the Viking girls were Scottish and Irish!

The silicone dielectric grease "keeps" the high voltage in the boot/spark plug connection along with forming a moisture seal . Another benefit is to allow the plug wire/boot to be re.moved easily when servicing.

Huh - so, but - I see the dielectric grease is 100% silicone and Vaseline is petroleum  . . .

I've heard said only silicone for brake systems (no petroleum), but in this application is one better?

Have you tried gOOgle?

Their homepage says it's good for Beemers (and others, too), planes and boats. Anyway, it looks as being an interesting product if you can believe what they say.

As long as it smells good it might well be so :) I'd expect a mixture of Ballistol and Fluid-Film

Hubert

PS: Ballistol tastes good even.