funny story

czakky

Ran some errands yesterday, bike is running great... Pull into the bank two attractive young girls admire my bike (not that it matters I'm a happily married man). Get my cash wave goodbye two my new friends turn key thumb starter....nothing. Damn I just charged my battery. Try again, nothing barely turning the starter now a big plume of smoke is coming from under the fairing and the sweet smell of electrics burning,,,,,aaah S!@#!! my mystery ground wire has completely melted hardly any casing is left. I prod it off the frame to see if I can just limp home sure enough I get her started amazingly.

So today I spent about five hours and four shorts later I'm back!

Its amazing how these things give and take beautiful, finicky, but she didnt leave me stranded don't think my old VFR800 would of limped home with four shorts like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I rode home about 15 miles in stop and go traffic.... in fourth gear! Gear selector came lose at the grooved spindle. Probably not a bad Idea to check out this bolt when you can.

But it's also pretty sweet that I had no problem in stop and go, in fourth gear. Not many previous bikes I had would easi;y mange that!

Having had the gearbox selector spring go a few times, I also think that maybe the v11 really only needs one gear.  We just have to decide - which one!