Gas spewing around LH injector

slug

Last weekend I pulled Dirty Bird out of the garage for a little run (hasn't been ridden in over a month).  It idled for a while and after it warmed up and I turned the fast idle lever off, it ran for a minute more then suddenly died.  Weird.  I went over to the bike and found gas dripping to the ground.  Some of the gas was coming from the T-junction where the main fuel line branches off to the LH injector.  I also pulled the velocity stack off and found a large pool of gas inside the throttle body.  I think it may have been a tad too rich on that side :grin: .

Is this a sign of a bad injector, electrical gremlin, overactive fuel pump, bad pressure regulator (if it has one?) or something else?

Fortunately I have a long, cold winter to figure this one out...

Contact www.lindertech.com

1-888-809-3835 for fuel injector service.They can recondition your injectors and flow rate them to make sure they match .  

Is the fuel line connection ( that is leaking) held on w/a worm type clamp or a crimp type fitting ?

I had this problem and found a solution.  There is an O ring on the T fitting, where it goes into the injector,and it needs to be lubricated.  The problem is getting a fuel proof grease.  I used Krytox which is a florocarbon based.

Contact www.lindertech.com

1-888-809-3835 for fuel injector service.They can recondition your injectors and flow rate them to make sure they match .  

Is the fuel line connection ( that is leaking) held on w/a worm type clamp or a crimp type fitting ?

I should have mentioned that Dirty Bird is an '04 refitted with a pre-'04 fuel tank and external fuel pump.

Worm type.  I'll make sure they're all tight 'n stuff.

I was thinking of sending them in to Lindertech before this happened.  Guess I have a better reason to get off my butt and do it.  You have an approximate cost for the service?

I didn't see any costs on the website, but they say you should use their service if you notice:

" . . . Poor idle, loss of performance, hesitation, hard starting, detonation, surging or misfiring."

Sounds like a thread title on V11LeMans.com  :grin: