Rider Height Question

Kostarika

Hello

I just purchased a 2003 V11 LeMans and want to set it up correctly during the winter.

I am 6'3" and will be looking to get MotraTech forward controls.

Looking to hear from riders how they have set up their bikes.

Thank you

Kosta

What will become even more important than the controls will be matching the fork and shock springs to your weight.

Even at an (extra-fluffy) five-eightish-nine, my Sport's springs were dialed in for some welter-weight Italian test rider in race leathers.

"Set your sag." :race:

I'm about 230lbs plus riding gear.  To get the sag right on my bike I went to 1.05 kg/mm springs with different preload spacers up front, and kept the 10 N/mm spring on my Ohlins shock in back and dialed the preload almost all the way up.

My stock fork springs were about .85kg/mm.  I'm not sure what the stock rear shock was but I believe it was softer than 10 N/mm.

The sag targets that I started with are below.  Once I got the sag in the ballpark I changed to 5wt fork oil and tuned the oil height and damper settings.  I'm happy with the results.

FRONT

Unladen sag = 20mm (.79")

Laden sag = 36mm (1.42")

REAR

unladen 5-10mm (.2 - .4")
laden 30-40mm (1.18 - 1.57")

Hello

I just purchased a 2003 V11 LeMans and want to set it up correctly during the winter.

I am 6'3" and will be looking to get MotraTech forward controls.

Looking to hear from riders how they have set up their bikes.

Thank you

Kosta

After effectively hijacking your thread right from the start, I went looking for some links to original question:

Footpeg relocation in FAQ by Ryland3210 who is, incidentally, MotraTech

Forward foot position in Tech Topics started by Ryland and goes 8 pages with a lot of posting from other members.

Buell Lightning Foot Pegs in Tech Topics started by edge

Motobits vs. Motratech is an older thread brought back by hoosier just a few months back.

Hopefully, some other members will chime in with their experiences!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 2004 Cafe Sport, I installed the Motratech foot rest set up, I found that it takes the pressure off of the knees, I am six foot two with 33 inch inseam. I dont really like the feeling of the foot placement, I think that the factory position was better feeling for me other than the knee cramping. Perhaps it will take a while to get used to the feet being further forward.  DonG

Thank you for the responses.

ilmitico- the footpegs location look higher than the stock units.  It seems like the set up is more sport oriented.

How Tall are you?

Don G - Thanks for the honest review. 

Best thing to do is ride it the way its set up from the factory for awhile in the spring and get a feel for it.

Kosta