Return from a trip

Gino Rondelli

Just back from a jaunt around the Americas, looking forward to USING my V11 next summer, been in storage for a while and I sold my Breva before I left so thats my only "modern" bike (apart from the 650 BMW I did the trip on) 

Anyway in 30, 000 Miles South Central & North America I must have seen all of 6 Guzzis, didn't expect to see any in South America right enough but thought I'd have spotted more in the USA.

It was a major moment when we spotted one (my wife was also on a 650 BMW)

So where are all the Guzzi's in North America?

(13 countries, 28 states and 3 Canadian provinces so we were looking around) 

Still struggling to re adjust to a Scottish Winter!!!

• Like 1

Ah so it looks like Canada has them all, enjoyed my ride through BC, The Yukon & Alberta. I did intend posting while on the road to meet up with people but never got round to it. I did ask about Guzzi's en route and mostly got blank stares.

DonG , you have a problem...........worse than mines!

I think that it may be a compulsive collective disorder of some form! The collection likely will be under one roof by the end of this upcoming summer, and interested parties can come and check out the collection and talk shop.I will post up some pictures when I manage to get the whole collection out for an airing this coming spring.Long winters here on the Prairies tend to drive the obsession,what else is there to do?

The fleet as of now consists of:

1- 1971 Ambassador

1-  1974 Eldorado

1- 1975 850T

1- 1975 850T undergoing facelift this winter

2- 1975 Converts

1- 1978 G5

1- 2000 Quota

1- 2001 V11 sport with Magni fairing, green of course

1- 2004 Cafe sport

1- 2000 Jackal

1- 2001 stone metal

1- 2004 EV touring

1- 2008 Breva Sport

1- 2008 Breva 1100

1- 2008 Norge

1- 2008 Stelvio

I think that it may be a compulsive collective disorder of some form! The collection likely will be under one roof by the end of this upcoming summer, and interested parties can come and check out the collection and talk shop.I will post up some pictures when I manage to get the whole collection out for an airing this coming spring.Long winters here on the Prairies tend to drive the obsession,what else is there to do?

1- 1971 Ambassador

1-  1974 Eldorado

1- 1975 850T

2- 1975 Converts

1- 1978 G5

1- 2000 Quota

1- 2004 Cafe sport

1- 2000 Jackal

1- 2001 stone metal

1- 2004 EV touring

1- 2008 Breva Sport

1- 2008 Breva 1100

1- 2008 Norge

1- 2008 Stelvio

Hoarder!

• Like 1

Hey DonG, where is your 850cc T3,   it was about the first widely sold Guzzi in the UK, I mean the Roadster not the Cali or Le Mans.  They were too dear. T3s still crop up although many are converted to 950 similar to the G5. I did mine but in truth I never noticed any real change in performance.

What happened between 1978 and 2000, kids?

1- 1971 Ambassador

1-  1974 Eldorado

1- 1975 850T

2- 1975 Converts

1- 1978 G5

1- 2000 Quota

1- 2004 Cafe sport

1- 2000 Jackal

1- 2001 stone metal

1- 2004 EV touring

1- 2008 Breva Sport

1- 2008 Breva 1100

1- 2008 Norge

1- 2008 Stelvio

respect.gif

Just back from a jaunt around the Americas, looking forward to USING my V11 next summer, been in storage for a while and I sold my Breva before I left so thats my only "modern" bike (apart from the 650 BMW I did the trip on) 

Anyway in 30, 000 Miles South Central & North America I must have seen all of 6 Guzzis, didn't expect to see any in South America right enough but thought I'd have spotted more in the USA.

It was a major moment when we spotted one (my wife was also on a 650 BMW)

So where are all the Guzzi's in North America?

(13 countries, 28 states and 3 Canadian provinces so we were looking around) 

Still struggling to re adjust to a Scottish Winter!!!

Shoulda gave us a heads up Gino on this side of the pond,could have shown you around the New York area.I was in Glasgow about a week ago,maybe our planes passed each other.Pics,story please.

I realise now I should have contacted the US / Canada contingent, I'm a Norton rider as well so did some Norton stuff en route.

We (Mrs R was on a G650 as well) rode Argentina to Alaska then across to Boston (and a week in NYC!) then shipped home from Miami

Awesome trip , a year of bliss, just riding bikes, depressed now but looking forward to wearing out my low mileage V11 which has been sitting in the garage far too long!! 

The trip started here. If you interested some good stuff (IMHO) on there and what else to do on a winter night! :grin:

http://www.ginoontour.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/buenos-aires_28.html

No intervention required! Thanks anyway.I dont descriminate when it comes to Guzzi's I buy them when they come up on Kiji if the price is reasonable. I have purchased a couple new also. No T3 yet but that will come.  DonG