Magni fairing

morgy

Hey everybody,

New to the site, and new to the Guzzi world. Have a garage full of bikes, and at 49 yrs old just bought my first goose, a 2000 V11 Sport! Got a feeling I'm really going to love this thing.

I've been looking at fairings, and really like the Magni. I've had a series of emails with Giovanni and he's asking me to make payment via email and that he will send me his bank info when the parts are ready to ship. This makes me a bit uncomfortable...have any of you purchased a Magni this way? Just curious.

Thanks,

Morgy

Chamberlin - thanks for the ebay link, I appreciate you posting it. I saw that one...looks like it's missing the RH head to fairing bracket, and some other hardware. I think by the time I were to get it shipped and painted I'd be near or above the Magni price including painting and shipping, and then I'd still have to track down the missing hardware and buy that. The fairing price does include the lower bars.  I do agree with luhbo the price is insane.

docc - I hope the Gio you're referring isn't the same Gio I'm referring to?? (i.e.-Giovanni Magni) I guess the world really is small then!

Dave

Ha, no. We have a member here, Gio, since 2003 with a nice Magni on his green RedFrame Sport.

The lines of the Magni do something very unique to the Sport. I would like to see one in person!

Maybe you will fit yours and bring it to the Tenth South'n Spine Raid!

Indeed. I dealt with Magni directly ... expensive, yes ... but everything went well and I remain very pleased / satisfied with my fairing.

Docc - it is even more beautifull than in your imagination ...

Welcome to our world morgy - happy to answer any further questions you may have.

PS - no, this Gio is Canadian ..!

• Like 1

Well, I certainly appreciate everyone's replies here. I'm very excited about my new Guzzi(also a green RedFrame Sport) . Haven't received it yet as it's being shipped. Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock... time is passing awfully slowly.  

Gio - I'm still curious about how you made your payment for the fairing. For some reason Mr. Magni wants me to pay via transfer through an email. I'm just wondering - why not thru his website? Guess I should just ask him...

Morgy - can't seem to find the paperwork now, but from memory I purchased the fairing in 2001 (yikes - 13 years ago ...) and back then I think payment would have been via international money order. There was also customs duty etc payable upon receipt (in Canada).

I will confirm if I find the file.

Gio

Thank you all for your input. Thanks for welcoming me to the site...looking forward to delivery of my Sport and enjoying your site here!

So, morgy, is that like PayPal or gwallet?

-Docc, I don't think so. I think what he wants to do is simply a bank transfer; he said he would provide his bank info when the parts are ready. So yes...I have ordered this beautiful extravagance. The bars that come with it are painted black, which didn't really appeal to me as there really isn't anything else painted black on the bike. He said he could supply them chromium-plated...this didn't initially appeal to me either as I am not a huge chrome fan, but since the headlight bezel and gauge bezels are chrome accents I decided to give it a shot. Besides, by the time the switch housings and grips are mounted I think the visible areas of the bar will just be an accent as well. Hopefully I will like it.  

Docc, as an aside, since you are wanting to see a Magni in person...Tennesse ain't all that far from Illinois...maybe I'll run down there this summer! With just over 3000 miles she's barely broken in...

I've also got an exhaust question or two, but I will start another thread with an appropriate title...

Thanks

Dave

• 2 months later...

Late to this thread, just found it now because I am investigating fairings. AirTech Streamlining offer a Magni style fairing, and they might be a little easier to deal with:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/vintagefairingshalf.htm

Don't think they sell the mounting hardware though...