Rode a Triumph Street Triple R today...

A friend of mine owns a Street triple and i've ridden it a few times but it doesn't suit me. The torque is almost everywhere in the rev-range but it's whining like crazy and to nervous to ride (for me). The same goes for the Tiger 800 only more whining. But that motorcycle is really awesome. It doesn't matter if you drive 50km/h or 150km/h, it vibrates the same and it keeps on going. But, i'm no three- of four-cylinder guy. I'm an two- an one-cylinder one. For me, nothing beats the vibration and sound of a Guzzi. Not even a BMW boxer or the straight two-cylinder like the F800 range. They don't vibrate like a Guzzi does.

What can i say, Guzzi has the good vibrations for me (as does same medium sized all-road thumpers).   

My Lemans (got it out first time of season today) sounds tough! like a race car but not NASCAR Mistral cones, Viola!

IMG_0106_zps70094c33.jpg

all that green is last summer..

M&D got 10" on last Wednesday,

IMG_0366_zpsa0bf6924.jpg

My Buell has just the right V twin vibes too..  does not sound like a Harley, more like a serious piece of machinery, a Kubota maybe.

• Like 1

I have a tiger 800, nice bike, fantastic manners in town, a hoot to ride but the sound track is yuk. Taking a test ride on a multistrada next weekend ( ducati roadshow up in tyndrum) then road testing the tex explorer. One of these 2 will be my next bike. I would keep the tiger if it sounded more like the V11' but that whistle drives me mad.

• 4 weeks later...

I happen to own a Street Triple and I Love it! Now I do... Out of the box is very jumpy and with poor suspension. My daily commuter has a Bazzaz set up, Ohlins rear, Paioli forks with HP exhaust and Driven rearsets.

image.jpg

I happen to own a Street Triple and I Love it! Now I do... Out of the box is very jumpy and with poor suspension. My daily commuter has a Bazzaz set up, Ohlins rear, Paioli forks with HP exhaust and Driven rearsets.

that looks BADASS! as in GOOD, the Bomb! etc..