czakky

As beautiful as the fairing is on the LeMans, I'm thinking it's going to have to get naked. Nothing permanent, and sorry my fairing is not for sale at this time.

Step one: Gathering parts.

I didn't really like any of the "cafe/chopper/bobber" fork ears available within an easy search. So I took it upon myself to create a cheap setup that won't cause me to fabricate anything.

I came across these "accessory light" brackets that I thought I could use and are pretty reasonable.$_1.JPG

Some stainless hex screws and we're in business. But obviously the stock LeMans 7" headlight won't work here so i need a bracket of some sort..... Took a lot of searching but I found the right understated piece that will go well with the subtleties of the v11.

$%28KGrHqJHJBoFJfTMphHHBSZWjPhk7w~~60_1.

This is from a sort of an adult erecter-set/Ikea company that makes this sort of crazy DIY furniture called 80/20 never heard of em' before, kinda cool. The color of the "mount" is not quite a match for the black marzocchi forks as I wanted a somewhat invisible mount like the v11 Sport. But they're cheap and plentiful. Also I swear to god I measured the stanchions at 50mm diameter w/ a buddy's micrometer... Mine says 53mm, so the mount isn't a perfect fit as it's rated for 50mm. Measure once, buy twice.

So, what's cool about my half-witted set up is that the mount can either be inside or outside of the stanchions (sic?). Meaning that with the combined thickness of the brackets (.25") and the ability to flip the mounts inside/outside I should be able to use either the stock (7") Lemans headlight bucket or a much classier (8") sport/monster/bosch headlight..... If that makes sense. Hopefully the 4.5" length of the bracket (about 4" from mount hole to mount hole) is enough to cover the visual intrusion of the instrument panel.

Haven't gotten into the actual conversion yet. Still debating between Bar-end mirrors and standard, plus turn signals. Comment/suggestions are welcome you're not going to hurt my feelings.

The stand-off should be perfect. The early Sport stands the headlamp mounting bolts in front of the fork about 4 3/4".

Well after looking at Chamberlin's bike I feel a little ashamed even posting pics of my "20 footer" bike (looks good 20 feet away). But I've got my headlight mounted and for cheap about $55 including hardware, not including mirrors/turn signals.

photo 2.JPG

Original LeMans headlight, with the spacers mounted between the ears and bracket instead of between the bracket and headlight.

Still undecided on mirrors I like the bar ends but, I don't want to have the big stock turn signals up front. I ordered an integrated conventional mirror/turn signal to see if I like that.photo 3.JPG

Man bike feels sooo much smaller without the fairing. Been a while since I had a truly naked bike was worried about the wind-blast but it doesn't bother me at all, especially when the temps are above 85f/30c.

Thought I'd share if anyone was interested in doing the conversion cheap and not chromed-out.photo(2).JPG

I'm also going to clean up all the ugliness of the fuel pump behind the oil cooler, how is this mounted on the early naked sports? Under Spine? Are there issues w/ vapor lock then?

• Like 1

Nuthin' like a nekkid V11! :grin:

Early Sports do have their fuel pump mounted low on the left side of the frame. And, yes, pull it forward as much as possible, shortening the line from the petcock which should be shielded and groomed up away from the cylinder finning. Some have even shielded the pump itself.

Well after looking at Chamberlin's bike I feel a little ashamed even posting pics of my "20 footer" bike (looks good 20 feet away). But I've got my headlight mounted and for cheap about $55 including hardware, not including mirrors/turn signals.

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

Original LeMans headlight, with the spacers mounted between the ears and bracket instead of between the bracket and headlight.

Haha thanks czakky! Hate to say though, my bike's still at least a 10-15 foot bike! There are just some things that just can't be easily replaced/cleaned up!

I commend you for pulling the fairing off of your Le Mans though! Nice brackets, glad they worked out. I think you'll enjoy the "air in the face" down there in Tampa! I just took a ride today on the Naked Norge, and our temps are already over 100 here...it was like driving through a pizza oven. I started to feel sorry for the Norge when I hit some slow traffic!

Anyways, I like your naked Le Mans, it is refreshing to see that color scheme in a non faired bike!

Cheers!

Anyways, I like your naked Le Mans, it is refreshing to see that color scheme in a non faired bike!

Cheers!

I'm still thinking about painting the red a different color, but for now I kinda like it. Harper's has these awesome old style LeMans V decals that I would use... We'll see though, having my fairing match is a nice option.