phuel pump phizzle?

Guest gooddog

...that is odd for sure.

Any chance you've had the tank off recently(or similar) and somehow the fuel-supply line has gotten even closer to the left cylinder?

Any fuel map changes(leaner = hotter)?

Changes similar to those mentioned above could contribute.

Just curious...

al

I can't recall the first instance of VL. I know it wasn't in the first two months / 6000km as I rode from BC to California and back without incident (March 2001) so I'm guessing it was within the first 6 months. Hot days or underground parking lots (lack of ventilative cooling?) at first (perhaps 3 or 4 times) which seemed to get worse with time, not better. The last series of road-side waits (after the air-box mods, mileage ~34,000km) became almost predictable and convinced me it was time to do something about the problem.

Gio

Guest gooddog

well, got the bike back today, and this is what i know(please forgive my jumbled explaination, i am just a rookie), micha said that it had gotten to a very rich state, probably becuse of either the amount of moisture in the air or maybe from the gas itself? :huh: the spark plugs, especially the left side, had fouled, and needed to be replaced. this being why it stalled out on me. i'm somewhat foggy on the how or why of the richness. micha told me that they have been setting the bikes up just a little different lately, and re adjusted the idle and the tps in accordance. it seems much more responsive than before and the pronounced mid-range dip has subsided, with a little more punch. these are good things. :D

when i got home i looked to see where the fuel pump was located. it's in the front with the oil cooler, so it would seem to be a later model '02. i would imagine that a rerouting of the fuel supply line will probably be a good idea. if the bike is experiencing a vapor lock after all, that would seem to be a sure fix.

on the other side of news, my pc3USB came in the mail today from Two Wheel Drift. it had to be special ordered from Dynojet(I guess the guzzi pc's are not popular enough to stock.) anyway, now is the start if my long process of mods.

wish me luck

ray