x over

rossi46

It's been a long time since I've seen one, but that crossover looks like one made by Fast by Ferracci (FBF).  It had no support bracket and was known for its tendency to crack.  Unfortunately I can't find a picture of the crossover on the FBF website.

Here's the FBF cross-over pipe. It's only been installed for 70 miles, but it seems to be holding up fine. The welds look fairly decent I think. I just removed it today so I could install the Quat-D exhaust (another questionably welded item).

Bottom line, the one that broke on you is clearly a different manufacturer, as the Feracci cross-over is basically made from two clean pipes, whereas your pipe has a few intermediate welds.

2014-10-11081958_zps1fc621f4.jpg
2014-10-11081943_zpsebbf7112.jpg
2014-10-11081859_zps0771b746.jpg

Before we throw Mistral or Stucci under the bus ,let's confirm which brand this is first.

It's been reported for years that the FBF was known to crack by many members.Greg Field who worked for a distributor of their product had one,it cracked and they ignored his emails.

Never heard of anyone say that they had a problem with a Stucci or Mistral cracking or having a fitment problem until now.So not a widespread problem.

PS ,..."Technical Topic"