FBF crossover on a 2003 LeMans

bikelee

I am thinking of getting a an FBF crossover for my 2003 LeMans to go with the FBF slip-on  mufflers I already have on the bike. The bike runs fine.  If I do this, will I need to change the mapping on the fuel injection due to the new crossover ? Thanks !!

:oldgit: Leon ( Old Gitt )

:thumbsup::mg:

• Like 1

I Think it would be best to have it tuned as the intake and exhaust flow will change.

You don't have to get it mapped it may be just fine.

What are you looking for with the crossover?

These are old, heavy, slow bikes that you can only get so much from by todays sport bike standards.

They are a blast to run and a lot of fun, don't want to bash the goose they are what they are.

The FBF crossovers from 7 or more years ago were very prone to cracking.  I bought one and had a mounting bracket welded on that both supported the crossover and bridged the welds that were most likely to crack.  It cracked anyway after maybe 15k miles.  The stainless tubing that they use might just be too thin :huh2:

I don't know if their current product is the same as the ones they were selling years ago, but if it is I'd stay away.

edit: Here's my FBF crossover after welding the support bracket on.

DSCN0994a.jpg

Lee as Tom says they were known to crack.Greg Field who was one of our members and worked at Moto International,a distributor of FBF,had one,it cracked and they ignored him.

That has been reiterated by many who had problems with them.If they ignore a distributor ,how will they react to a Joe Blow who has a problem.

The Mistral will give you more mid-range,the Stucci will give you more top-end,whichever you want.

You don't have to ,but you should match the exhaust to the mapping,either via a PC3 or  a real re-map Guzzidiag or Guzzitech re-flash.