Is there a PC V for V11?

FalcoLion

As the topics States, I am curious if PC V (powercommander V) has been adopted to work with our bikes. Guzzitech specifies that PC V has been adopted but I called dynojet and they have no clue. Does anyone actually have PC V Installed? What is the model of PC V?

Todd himself (GuzziTech) has done a lot of work with PowerCommanders and if he says he has made one work on a V11 that means HE has done it. DynoJet has little to do with Guzzi's and they are not going to do anything with a V11.

That said, you can go with the PC/PCV or you can try GuzziDiag. That allows you to change the actual mapping in the ECU. I don't do it, I had long since installed PC/PCV's on my Guzzi's. I am also not as big a fan of the basic premise of re-writing the map as others around here are. The potential for improvements is greater but the risk of screw ups also seems to be greater. With a PC/PCV you can always just unplug it and it is back to normal.

But both ways can work. If you search here you will find a ton of info on GuzziDiag. If you want the PC/PCV I would suggest going to Todd and GuzziTech for info.

I am thinking of getting Mike Rich camshaft, pistons and valve springs. Would Guzzidiag work with this setup? As for PC V I was wondering if anyone actually bought one? I don't understand what is the big deal to actually announce the model of PC V if its actually works. Tod mentioned somewhere that he worked with dynojet but when I called dynojet they clearly told me that PC V is not set to work with V11

Yes Guzzidiag is the answer and a power commander is not. 

why not just hop on one of your B bikes when you want more ?

not dissing you but pouring that kind of money into a pushrod V twin is beyond my spending habits.. I'd ride it for what it is close to stock and look at the other bikes for all out performance..

in fact I let go of mine once I brought home a Buell.. sorta like a Guzzi with more torq.. and less wheel base.

I guess I am the other end of the spectrum from fotoguzzi. One of the things I enjoy about Guzzi's is how easy they are to get more power and better performance out of them.

All of mine except for the Lario have at least some work done to them to make them faster. Even the wifes V11 has porting, milled cylinders for higher compression and more squish, and a PC3 (that is just the motor parts). You can't get 15% more power out of Honkawazukiha that easily.

I think what you are doing makes total sense, throwing a little money at your V11 and getting alot back in improvements.

As to DynoJet and the PCV, as I tried to say before, Todd has done a fair bit of work with making them work on a Guzzi. DynoJet seem to want no part in that. If you want one, talk to Todd. The other option is Guzzidiag, which offers more room for improvement but requires more effort from the end user. It is not plug and play.

I would suggest you talk to Mike Rich and see what he thinks. He knows more about getting power out of Guzzi's then just about anyone else around here.

I like the PCV but IMHO for what you are doing the Guzzidiag option may be the better choice if you are willing to put in the effort.

Fotoguzzi, I know that the rest of my collection is faster but I have soft spot for Guzzi. As you can see from my signature I had v11 Ballabio that I customized by adding LeMans fairing, powder coating rims and valve covers. That bike was nice but not special enough. That is why I sold it and used the money to get Bimota. I was in heaven. But I still felt that if I get another Guzzi I wanted somewhat special. Coppa Italia is definitely something special. Even though the bike is now 11 years old its still relatively new with barely 5k miles on it. So, even though I have faster bikes my logic is same as GuzziMoto. That is throw a bit of money for personalization and performance upgrades. From the info that I gathered Mike Rich setup is the way to go, plus the reliability improves. I am set on getting some extra performance out of V11 motor. I might even look into getting some lightened wheels. But that is down the line

I appreciate all feed backs. In any case would be interested to hear from anyone with PC V

I bought a PC-V/autotune/reflash from Todd a few years ago, and we couldn't get it to work right. I think the issue was when he turned off the CO on the reflash, and I later found out it was set to -74. I sent my ECU to him a few times for adjustments, and I could still not get the bike to run right. I ended up buying another stock ECU, and Todd let me return the PC-V setup, and sent me a used PCIII and a refund on the difference that he owed me.

After the issues with Todd's reflash and PC-V, I took my bike to my dealer (incredible dealer in northern IL), and that's when we installed the original ECU, and found out that the CO was set to -74. He couldn't adjust the CO with either PADS or Axone, but I was able to do it with VDST software that I brought along. We then adjusted the CO with his CO sniffer, and the bike ran much better-nearly flawless.

I have since bought an AFR meter, and built my own maps with the PCIII, and my bike runs great. 

Todd bent over backwards to help me out, but we just couldn't get PC-V running properly. I honestly think it was from his reflash. I think we have about 60 emails back and for about the issues, as well as sending my ECU back and forth for reflashing to try to make it work. It was a waste of an entire summer.

Hope this info helps, and feel free to ask more questions.

Ken

Ken, where did your CO end up set?

The dealer set it to +10. Guzzi calls for CO of 2.0 PPM, and my dealer likes to set it at 4PPM, which ended up at +10. That also got rid of the 3k stumble or hiccup that most of our bikes have or had.

I recently dropped it to +6 when the temps dropped, as my bike runs very rich in these WI winters.

Ken

Ken,

Thank you for a write up. I guess I will stick with true and tried PC III. Got one more questions for people in know. Dynojet lists PC III for only 2000-2001 bike. Mine is 2004 with titanium pipes and ECU for it. Will it work on my bike?

Ken,

Thank you for a write up. I guess I will stick with true and tried PC III. Got one more questions for people in know. Dynojet lists PC III for only 2000-2001 bike. Mine is 2004 with titanium pipes and ECU for it. Will it work on my bike?

Do you have a Lambda (O2) sensor in yours? The 2000-2001 do not. If you do, you might be able to use Guzzidiag to turn off your sensor, and I think it "should" work. You may have to contact Paul Daytona to verify. Check here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17865&hl=guzzidiag   

After using a PCIII and an AFR meter, I've been able to create a very good working map for my bike. It takes quite a bit of data logging and tweaking of maps, but it was well worth it in the end. I really wanted the PCV/Autotune to work for me, but it ended up being nothing but problems. Maybe Todd has it figured out now, but I have no idea.

You may also be able to get similar results by just increasing CO a bit, but I would verify it with your local dealer or auto mechanic that has a CO sniffer.

Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...