Is there a PC V for V11?

FalcoLion

What is it with all the dead photo links here? Dead before a month is out. Where's a free host that keeps photos up these days?

Photobucket? I haven't logged in recently, I suppose I should go check my account to make certain things are still there...

• 3 weeks later...

Ken, where did your CO end up set?

The dealer set it to +10. Guzzi calls for CO of 2.0 PPM, and my dealer likes to set it at 4PPM, which ended up at +10. That also got rid of the 3k stumble or hiccup that most of our bikes have or had.

I recently dropped it to +6 when the temps dropped, as my bike runs very rich in these WI winters.

Ken

Ken, This 3k stumble--I don't remember having it on my '03 naked sport, but a new-to-me '03 Rosso has a hiccup/popping at 3k... only at 3 k.  Might this be the same hiccup you speak of?  And if so, can I resolve it merely by tuning it with the PC3, or do I have to go with the advance ECM tuning?  Thx!

• 1 month later...

Ken, where did your CO end up set?

The dealer set it to +10. Guzzi calls for CO of 2.0 PPM, and my dealer likes to set it at 4PPM, which ended up at +10. That also got rid of the 3k stumble or hiccup that most of our bikes have or had.

I recently dropped it to +6 when the temps dropped, as my bike runs very rich in these WI winters.

Ken

Ken, This 3k stumble--I don't remember having it on my '03 naked sport, but a new-to-me '03 Rosso has a hiccup/popping at 3k... only at 3 k.  Might this be the same hiccup you speak of?  And if so, can I resolve it merely by tuning it with the PC3, or do I have to go with the advance ECM tuning?  Thx!

Sorry about the late reply...I just noticed your last post. I would first start with a tune-up (TB sync, and all of that good stuff).

If you have Guzzidiag, add 10 to whatever your CO is at, and see if that takes care of things. You can always go up or down from there, but I wouldn't go overly high on the CO. 

I would try the above before buying a PCIII or PCV. Having my dealer set up my bike and adjusting CO took care of my hiccup.

Ken

My experience has been that this could be the single biggest parameter overlooked in the tuning process.

I've posted this before, but my factory setting was *minus 27* - I forget what that translated to on the sniffer, but it was amazing how the engine smoothed out as the setting was brought to *0*

I emailed Todd at Guzzitech about returning my PCIII to him in order to upgrade to the PCV. He replied immediately, and my response email to him was regarding the issue we had a few years back with this, and he hasn't returned my email from 4 days ago…most curious. 

Ken