GuzziTech Headers Vs New Stock Headers.

Jet

Im looking to pick up a new set of headers for my bike and I am faced with this odd dilemma.......does anybody have an experience with them? 

http://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-v11s-headers-no-core/

They are over twice the price for what I could get the stock headers for. I see there is a note on the Guzzi Tech headers, "No Core", do the Stock headers I may pick up from Moto Int. have a core? My intentions are to simply bolt them on the my Stucchi X-Over and Mistral Overs. 

I don't mind paying a premium for a better product, if its worth it......

Feel free to chime in, Im a noob, feel free to send some constructive criticism my way! 

Thanks! 

I don't have any experience with the parts - so can't help there.

However, I'm curious about why you want the new headers. Are you trying to solve a cosmetic or mechanical problem? If cosmetic, have you considered ceramic coating the existing parts? I've been thinking about that myself. Supposedly, there are performance advantages (heat management and durability) - and you get the bonus of a custom look. If you're solving a mechanical problem, maybe get the less expensive stock ones and spend the extra on the coating.

I haven't done this either, but here's one site I've been looking at:

http://www.performancecoatings.com/headercoatings.html

Well, it is superficial, it is cosmetic. My 04 has  a cross pipe at the front, and I prefer the look of a the older bikes without it. Mine has a bit of a vibration issue I can't seem to solve either.  My intent is to purchase some 1" Black/Graphite Exhaust tape and wrap the whole thing up, cross over included. I am looking into  Ceramic coating as well.

The drawbacks of the tape would be the requirement to replace it every couple years. I don't know how well ceramic coating holds up to chips and dings from rocks.  Both have their benefits to keep heat from escaping, (I think thats the way it works?!) I guess my best bet is to call a shop and see what they say. 

I also purchased a Oil Cooler Cover from Rossopuro and painted in Black Line-X. My oil cooler has been peppered pretty good with rocks during the brief (4 month) period I have owned it, so I figured may as well start protecting it now. 

rsz_img_4200.jpg

Im looking to pick up a new set of headers for my bike and I am faced with this odd dilemma.......does anybody have an experience with them? 

http://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-v11s-headers-no-core/

They are over twice the price for what I could get the stock headers for. I see there is a note on the Guzzi Tech headers, "No Core", do the Stock headers I may pick up from Moto Int. have a core? My intentions are to simply bolt them on the my Stucchi X-Over and Mistral Overs. 

I don't mind paying a premium for a better product, if its worth it......

Feel free to chime in, Im a noob, feel free to send some constructive criticism my way! 

Thanks! 

Pretty sure the "Core" being referred to is a base set of headers to start from. Like when you buy a rebuilt alternator and they charge you a core charge which you can get back if you return your old one.

The point of the pipes offered by Todd at GuzziTech is that they replace the often fragile front crossover of the later version stock pipes with a heavy duty set without the front crossover. That front crossover tends to cause issues with rattles and even cracking. I have not priced a set of headers pipes but I would think new they are not cheap. And it could take quite a while to get them. You should be able to use a stock set from an older V11 but how much they would cost and how long they would take to get I don't know. There have been cases of people taking their front crossover equipped pipes and cutting the crossover out and welding them up. That would work as well, but it is more work. The pipes from Todd just bolt up.

I think any of those options would work. The only questions are how much and how long. If you can get older version stock pipes for less and in a reasonable amount of time go for it. The one thing I can say about Todd and his stuff is while it might not be the cheapest option out there it will probably be really nicely made, especially compared to stock. I have a pipe from him for my Griso and it is very nice.

you may never solve the vibration issue. note how the frame mounts to the front of the block and right to the steering head..

that never bothered me with the throttle bodies sync'd and good engine tune..

new OEM headers will not look any better than what you have probably.. but getting rid of the front cross over is a fine idea as long as you have a mid x-over.

Guzzitech knows their stuff and is tops in the knowledge dept in the USA.

Hi,

I see a difference at the inlet section of the tube.

OEM pipe has a narrowing front part,

There is an ID of only 35 mm, the entire tube is greater, ID 41 mm.

I think Guzzitech pipes have a larger hole.

My question, it´s good for more power?

On photo my OEM header

P1020910A.jpg

Well I settled my problem, going with GuzziTech, seems like a far better build and looks good too. Im still on the fence weather to Coat them or use an exhaust tape. Either way, they are mine. Im also going to have to purchase the flanges as well.........Anybody need OEM Headers from a 2004 Sport..........

Thanks for the input guy/gals. Your all on the Christmas Card list! 

Hi,

I see a difference at the inlet section of the tube.

OEM pipe has a narrowing front part,

There is an ID of only 35 mm, the entire tube is greater, ID 41 mm.

I think Guzzitech pipes have a larger hole.

My question, it´s good for more power?

On photo my OEM header

attachicon.gifP1020910A.jpg

I know that for some bikes they sell something called ''torque cones''. Dont know if they really make a difference, but they tend to increase.....torque (go figure) in the lower RPM range. Maybe the narrowing on the guzzi headers have a similar function?