Removing stickers from Guzz

Guest captain nemo

Guest captain nemo

Oh, I forgot to ask.....I want to get rid of the factory stickers and warnings on the rear frame. How do I do this? Hair dryer? Goof Off?

(We thought it might be cool to keep the government noise level aprroval - that seemed very funny in light of my recent [AWSOME] Supertrap mods. Haven't decided on that one.)

:lol: ..... I think I recall offering you this advice back in your hugger removal thread where you said something about[paraphrasing] "...naw, I want to keep the stickers because it makes it look industrial" ...or something like that :rolleyes:

Anyway, yeah, if you just take a hair-dryer and heat the stickers up, and gingerly pull them away while continuing to heat.... they'll peel right off in one continuous piece. In fact, they'll peel off so cleanly, that you can re-stick them to a piece of paper and save them in your Guzzi maintenance folder for future reference if you want.

...trying to peel them off "cold" is an excercise in frustration, as they'll just come off in chips, and leave behind goo.

A good follow up with some WD-40 on a rag will remove the remainder of any adhesive.

Good luck :D

al

Guest captain nemo

Yes Al, you've got me on that quote. As the bike has evolved, the stickers have now come into sharp focus. Thanks for the info. I still like the one about noise. It is quite funny when you hear my bike. :huh: